New Extract Kits At Sydney Hbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ham2k

Reaction score
Just cruising around home brew websites when i should be working and found 2 similar brand new malt extract kits. These, I believe, are a similar idea to the Country Brewer wetpak. They include specialty grains, hops, yeast, irish moss and the malt extract.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

Daves Home Brew - Dave's Stove Top Brews

Absolute Homebrew / Blue Mountains Brewshop - Brewgeneous Extract Kits

Not affiliated but i happen to be a customer at these stores, both excellent. I've moved onto AG now but I think these are a brilliant idea, the wetpaks were always the most fun during the kit & kilo days. When my brother gets back from overseas, i'll definitely be pushing him in this direction initially.

Just cruising around home brew websites when i should be working and found 2 similar brand new malt extract kits. These, I believe, are a similar idea to the Country Brewer wetpak. They include specialty grains, hops, yeast, irish moss and the malt extract.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

Daves Home Brew - Dave's Stove Top Brews

Absolute Homebrew / Blue Mountains Brewshop - Brewgeneous Extract Kits

Not affiliated but i happen to be a customer at these stores, both excellent. I've moved onto AG now but I think these are a brilliant idea, the wetpaks were always the most fun during the kit & kilo days. When my brother gets back from overseas, i'll definitely be pushing him in this direction initially.

Got the BMB Golden Ale in the primary at the moment - I'll let you know how it goes! Hope it's as good as TCB APA!

Winner brew!

I've got the BrewGeneous Czech Pilsner in primary.

Have tried many Wetpaks (in fact, I just finished consuming an APA - yum!), mostly with excellent results.

The BrewGeneous takes a bit more effort than the Wetpak, but all good experience. Pack was well put together with good instructions.

Just have to wait patiently for tasting now.

Hi All,

Just brewing my second Absolute Home Brew BrewGeneous Pilsner ... the first one (see previous post) has been 'all but' consumed, and their Golden Ale is also being actively consumed. In a few days I will have the Amber Ale pouring from my tap (gotta love kegs!).

I have brewed over 140 beers, kit & kilo + extract (still not ready to go All Grain!) ... and I must say the BrewGeneous range is by far the best beer I have brewed. It takes a bit more effort to brew - but the difference is well worth the effort. Looking forward to a few more of their styles before edging towards their next step into the AG range.

btw ... Went from bottles to kegs in January - Why didn't someone tell me how much better kegging was? :)

Home Brew :rolleyes: ... gotta love-it.

Edge faster.

If you like the flavour increase when moving to the better quality kits, you are going to love ag.

Just like you now love kegging.

Get along to one of Pat's ag demos.

Hmm, around the same price as the fresh wort and some are even more expensive.
Surely they couldn't be any better, or could they?

I know the prices might be comparable, but as far as the process itself goes you will get a lot more satisfaction from something like this than you would from literally unscrewing a drum lid and tipping into a fermenter! Or maybe I am just abnormal in this?

I have tried one brand of the Fresh Wort - most of the styles available, and personally - the BrewGeneous range produces a better beer. And yes, alot more satisifaction due to the effort that goes into brewing.

Latest posts

Back