New Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A most excellent setup.

I too would be interested to hear how much the frame/stand cost in raw materials. I'm hoping to construct a brew frame this year (not stainless, but carbon steel). I'm sick of the assemble/disassemble prior to and after brewing. Being able to wheel it to the middle of the garage and then back to its storage spot would save a lot of time.

A couple of updated photo's of the newly named Beerbelly "MASHPILOT", almost done, just little bits to finish off now.

left2.JPG

right2.JPG

I'll be sad to see it go. :( But then I get to make another one! :D

if I was ten years old I would have hidden this under my bed from my mum!

:p

InCider.

I think this is the one you hide from your wife Incider....:lol:

Hey Dom... Thank you for Bringin' Sexy Back !! B)

That is the best looking home setup I've ever seen. :eek:

Warren -

does it need a b double to freight it? :lol:

madness.

now thats art - nice one Dom! :beer:
Cheers
Steve

Edit - is the stand going to be powder coated a nice shiny black or red? Or are you going to have it chromed?

Hey dom, what have you insulated your MT and HLT with?

Rook

Edit - is the stand going to be powder coated a nice shiny black or red? Or are you going to have it chromed?

The stand is all stainless Steve, as is the rest of the brewery.....powdercoating would be sacriledge/blasphemy.....

Haven't checked out the freight options yet, both customers for these have made their own transport arrangements...(one made a comment about several cubic metres of cotton wool...:lol: ) but the frame is 1800 long, 600 deep, total height to top of HLT is 1700...

HLT and mashtun are insulated with neoprene sheet top bottom and sides. Bloody tricky on the HLT it was too, trying to get the sheet around 5 protruding fittings was fun..... :blink:

This one is the electric version (E-series), I'll be showing off the digitally controlled gas fired HLT version (G-series) in a few weeks.....

Just getting p*s*ed off with the last little fiddly bits that seem to be taking forever, and electrical wholesalers that have catalogues up the wazoo but NEVER have anything in stock......trying to get those neat little cable tie attachments that push into a hole in the frame because I don't want ugly cable ties around the framework supporting the wiring. Have to get them ion from Sydney because there are none in stock anywhere in SA....Thinking of running the sensor cables through the frame for the next one.....

And how do you pump from the tun to kettle?

Browndog

I'm not sure what you mean Browndog........., with the pump? from the mashtun (middle vessel) outlet on the bottom to the fitting on the kettle (r/h vessel).

Looks bloody excellent Dom. nice work :beer:

My only query is why have you used three vessels that are the same size? Shouldn't the kettle be bigger than the other two? I ask as I believe by using the same size kettle you are restricting the batch size comparted to what the HLT & mash tun can produce. I know this can be an issue cause I have a 200l mash tun and a 180l kettle & I need the boys to bring a couple of extra kettles over when we have an ISB brew day :rolleyes:

I tend to agree with you there crozdog, but this was built to customer specs, so I didn't have much say in the matter. I would have loved to put a 200l kettle on there for him, but I have difficulty getting hold of anything bigger than 98L stainless pots - I could have them made bigger, but then we're talking real $$$ (like $1K just for one vessel), and that's just not viable really.
All I can say re: identity of the owners is that possibly both, but definitely at least one of the new owners is an AHB member, but I will leave it up to him to hold his hand up if he wants to - neither of these breweries will be leaving the state....staying right here in good ole SA. :D

All I can say re: identity of the owners is that possibly both, but definitely at least one of the new owners is an AHB member, but I will leave it up to him to hold his hand up if he wants to - neither of these breweries will be leaving the state....staying right here in good ole SA. :D

C'mon DrSmurto - fess up, is she yours? :)
Cheers
Steve

:lol:, no it's not Smurto (although I reckon he'd sacrifice his left nut for one......) both of them are going to 'commercial enterprises' as pilot breweries.....hence the name "Mashpilot".

Back