New Australian Super Grains - Something To Keep An Eye On

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarthy

Reaction score
Just saw a story on Today Tonight (might've been on ACA as well)

talking about how they've developed super grains in South Australia, in particular a High Glutinised Wheat and a High Amylase Barley.

I'm just wondering how and if this would affect brewing if they were to be used...

well its something to keep an eye on in the near future anyway.

also aparently the High something Duram will help with creating a fat free pastry, bread and donut :D

ACA and Today Tonight are for Chicken Little.

talking about how they've developed super grains in South Australia, in particular a High Glutinised Wheat and a High Amylase Barley.

I'm just wondering how and if this would affect brewing if they were to be used...

well its something to keep an eye on in the near future anyway.

also aparently the High something Duram will help with creating a fat free pastry, bread and donut :D

Since when is anything suggested by ACA or TT worthwhile listening to?

Unless you're a whinge-arse pensioner/single mum pain in the arse.

Surprised they found a slot for grain, rather than Revlon or Tampax.

Since when is anything suggested by ACA or TT worthwhile listening to?

Unless you're a whinge-arse pensioner/single mum pain in the arse.

Surprised they found a slot for grain, rather than Revlon or Tampax.

I see what you did there.

there was similar story on LANDLINE(ABC),few weeks ago

Now there's a TV show. I remember seeing a few years back how the Japanese were buying all the Galaxy Grain for their various boozes.

And the Blondie is hot. In a Akubra, Drizzabone, dusty Moleskins kinda back-o-the-ute way.

Yep, and I've just had some for breakfast!!! Was in Woolies the other morning to buy some muesli and instead bought a box of "Good Superfoods Traditional Barley and Oats". On the box it says "Contains BARLEYmax, a superior wholegrain developed in Australia by CSIRO" ... "Goodness Superfoods Barley and Oats contains double the fibre and double the beta glucans of just oats alone..."

So do you really want to use this in your beer? Ever had a stuck sparge with an oatmeal stout? I have!! And that's with just 10% oats. Imagine using BARLEYmax as your base grain!! A big mash tun full of porridge!! It would never drain!!

Back