New Aussie Beer Coming Soon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for bumping this thread, Jye. Make me review my silly comments months later :)

I've tried this beer on tap at the Equilibrium Bar in town. It was a more than passable APA. Nice colour and aroma.

Its a nice drop. Its brewed by Blue Tongue in Sydney I think.....a fare hike from the snow. Read the fine print on the label. :p
Cheers
Steve

Its a nice drop. Its brewed by Blue Tongue in Sydney I think.....a fare hike from the snow. Read the fine print on the label. :p
Cheers
Steve

They're in the Hunter Valley. And yes, there are jokes about Blue Tongues on page 1 of this thread :)

Cheers
Steve

They're in the Hunter Valley. And yes, there are jokes about Blue Tongues on page 1 of this thread :)

Ha - missed that one by Jim - well spotted Pomo :beer:

This thread reappearing got me interested in visiting the website. Apparently Blue Tongue no longer brew the beer, now done at AIB south of Sydney.

There is also some stuff on the website about the new Pilsner. Has anyone tried this? Any reports? It's called Bullocks Pilsner. (I think...damn my fading memory.)

There's also something on the website about how they are looking for sites at the moment with a view to open their own brewery and take over the brewing of the beer themselves.

I still haven't had a chance to try the Pale Ale yet, but I've decided to try and find some this week to finally have a taste. There's a pretty decent list of places in Sydney now that stock it.

Cheers,
Thommo.

This thread reappearing got me interested in visiting the website. Apparently Blue Tongue no longer brew the beer, now done at AIB south of Sydney.

There is also some stuff on the website about the new Pilsner. Has anyone tried this? Any reports? It's called Bullocks Pilsner. (I think...damn my fading memory.)

There's also something on the website about how they are looking for sites at the moment with a view to open their own brewery and take over the brewing of the beer themselves.

I still haven't had a chance to try the Pale Ale yet, but I've decided to try and find some this week to finally have a taste. There's a pretty decent list of places in Sydney now that stock it.

Cheers,
Thommo.

My local bottlo (local liquour) stopped stocking it due to lack of interest :angry:

I've tried this a couple of times, I really like it. Highly recommended. Even the wife likes this one.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Yes, I believe it's now brewed in Smeaton Grange. I havent tried the Pale Ale since the move. But it was a great drop before the move IMO.
I eagerly bought a 6 pack of the bullocks Pilsner recently & was seriously let down. It's darker in colour than I expected & lacks flavour & aroma IMO. Such a shame. The Pale was a promising effort but the Pils I'd class as swill <_<

Yes, I believe it's now brewed in Smeaton Grange. I havent tried the Pale Ale since the move. But it was a great drop before the move IMO.
I eagerly bought a 6 pack of the bullocks Pilsner recently & was seriously let down. It's darker in colour than I expected & lacks flavour & aroma IMO. Such a shame. The Pale was a promising effort but the Pils I'd class as swill <_<

It's funny you say that. I was talking to the brewers at Beertopia and I commented how their Pilsner wasn't that great compared to the PA. We talked a bit about lager being king of the market in Australia and they kind of hinted that they only did the Pils because they needed to have a lager on the books in order to get some sales. A sad fact of commercial brewing in Australia I suppose.

A sad fact of commercial brewing in Australia I suppose.

Very true GH :(

I guess my opinion is a little negative because of my thoughts on the Pale Ale. That, IMO, is a beer that doesn't lack in flavour but is still subtle enough to appeal tp the masses... or so I thought :huh:

:)

Cheers,
Thommo.

Yeah both Blue Tongue and the Crackenback Pale Ale are brewed at Australian Independent Brewers (AIB) in the south of sydney. It's actually quite surprising how many different companies they brew for.

Back