New 5 Tap Heaven

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya MAH,
That set-up looks awesome. I only wish I had spoken up earlier about the number of taps that people are using.
I have three taps on my set-up and in the beginning I thought I would use them all and at first I did. Novelty maybe!
What I found though, was that there is always a prefered beer. (ie the one you like the most). This tap gets plenty of use whereas the other two only occasional use.
The beer that comes out of the unused taps could only be described as as "unusual". The lines also will quickly develop this "flavour".
My advice is, unless you have many, many people drinking from your taps two or at a stretch three taps is the most that a H'b'er would need.
It is suprising how often you will pour the beer you like the best and avoid anything that is too sweet, sour, young, old, etc.
I have water on my third tap at the moment. Even this only gets intermittent use
Just my obs as usual
cheers
darren

Darren said:
What I found though, was that there is always a prefered beer. (ie the one you like the most). This tap gets plenty of use whereas the other two only occasional use.

My advice is, unless you have many, many people drinking from your taps two or at a stretch three taps is the most that a H'b'er would need.
Hi Darren

Hope you're enjoying the US.

No problem really with the five taps, there's always plenty of people over who enjoy drinking a few beers. In the past when I bottled I was a bit stingy because the effort to brew and bottle was greater. With the kegs I tend to be a lot more genorous. Between a couple of friends of mine, my patrner, her sister, her sisters flatmate etc, all the taps get a work out becuase there are so many different tastes to cater for.

I've also got few 3 gallon kegs for brews that I enjoy, but don't want all the time, so they don't sit around too long.

TDA has been dropping a few hints about coming over to have a few beers from the fridge, so all 5 taps will definitely be needed! ;)

Cheers
MAH

Howdy again Mark,
Lots of visitors (especially spouses relatives, friends) is good. Gives a great excuse to brew more!
Two more days of conference then four days off to sample some more beers over here.
IMHO Sierra Nirvada Pale ale is over rated. Stinks and tastes of cooked corn.
Little creatures walks all over it.
(Didn't stop me making a mess of myself the other night on it though)
Sam Adams Boston lager tastes better off tap than in Aust (no suprise). Harpoon IPA is very "grassy" but enjoyable. Lacks malt though.
cheers
darren

Latest posts

Back