Need To Seal A Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderchild

Reaction score
Hello Group,

I have plumbed and sourced all I need for my mask tun (rectangular esky) I hav done a test run and there is signed of just a little bit of leakage. Is there such a thing as a food grade silicon or similer to seal the joint?

Any Help or advice would as always be appreciated.

TC

If it is around a fitting you could make a silicon washer out of a piece of silicon bakeware.

Why is this in the Kits/Extracts section? :unsure:

I've used Selleys Glass Silicone Sealant on my mash tun, it's apparently suitable for aquariums/fridges/windows/whatever.

I haven't died yet!

I've used Selleys Glass Silicone Sealant on my mash tun, it's apparently suitable for aquariums/fridges/windows/whatever.

I haven't died yet!

I Assume that it has taken the heat with no problems then?

Well, my mash tun does not leak anymore and hasn't for over 18 months.

I haven't died yet!

+1 you can get silicon for aquariums, I use that all the time, silicon is very heat resistant, try burning a piece.

cheers

Browndog

You can get silicon bakeware dishes from cheap as chips for a couple of bucks. Cut a washer out of that and bobs your uncle!

Back