Need a beer with drinking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk1972

Reaction score
Has anyone got a good kit and kilo mix that has a good flavor all my brews are like soda water

What type of beers do you like / favourite recipe?

Do you have a local home brew shop or just go to the supermarket for you K&K?

Dry hopping any knk is a light years improvement. After ferment has slowed up a bit (maybe 5 days) , drop 15 gms or so of hop pellets in and bottle (maybe 4 days) when you have stable specific gravity ie 2 identical readings. You'll be on your way to better beers.

I have a local brew shop I've tried some off their clones xxxx gold, Carlton blonde, but they lack flavor I've got a Carlton mid conditioning in bottles it was made with tea bag hops maybe it will have flavor I'm using lager yeast as its been cold in the shed I don't like fruity flavored beers will more malt make a different s

More malt will make a difference to body and flavour.
Try a pale kit like coopers cerveza, 500-700 g malt extract, 200 maltodextrin, 300g dextrose and 10- 15g hallertau hop pellets. Mix up your extracts, tin and dextrose in a couple of litres of boiling water, steep the hops for 5 minutes, then top the mix up in the fermenter to 20 L total. Use some fermentis us05 yeast, keep the temp to 18 degrees and let it sit for 3 days after fermentation is complete. Let the beer carbonate in the bottles then chill them for abother week before drinking.

1.7kg Coopers Draught tin
1.5kg Light Liquid Malt Extract
US-05 yeast
21lt brew

Will be a great all malt ale without any fruitiness.

Manticle that's what I have in the fermenter know without the hops it was called a corona clone I used a lager yeast here's hoping its good

Maaark I might try your reciepy next thanks everyone for your input

Muntons Yorkshire Bitter and a can of Morgans Caramalt.

The best straight k&k I ever found. use the kit yeast if you like, Muntons yeast is pretty well Ok.

Expensive kits, but you get what you pay for.

Also try the Muntons multi can kits like Conkerwood Ale. Very good beer, but also quite expensive.

Can you just use two tins instead of one? Double the flavor/hops?

RobboMC said:
Muntons Yorkshire Bitter and a can of Morgans Caramalt.

The best straight k&k I ever found. use the kit yeast if you like, Muntons yeast is pretty well Ok.

Expensive kits, but you get what you pay for.

Also try the Muntons multi can kits like Conkerwood Ale. Very good beer, but also quite expensive.
We're buying them a tad cheaper than in England, so no huge gripes there..... If you can find a woodfordes kit, also out of the muntons stable, go for it.
Nelson, admiral or Wherry are all excellent....also muntons smugglers gold.

Top drops the lot of 'em.

1.7kg can coopers mexican cerveza
1.5 kg can coopers liquid malt extract
50g galaxy hops
Safale US05 American Ale Yeast.
Steep 25g galaxy hops for 15 min and add to wort.
Dry hop the other 25g after fermentation slows.
That is a Stone and Wood Pale Ale

Latest posts

Back