My Thirst Quencher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyoz

Reaction score
G'day

thought i finally post something instead of reading everybody else's posts and copying everything i see,
i quickly got sick of bottling beers after cleaning 330mm bottles i went to pint bottles and still sick of cleaning them, so the idea of cleaning 1 keg suited me down the ground, i started off with the old fridge i picked up for $40 and used as a fermenting fridge for a while

keg.jpg

but that meant i had to wait till i had fermented a batch before i could cool it to carbonate and serve, so i was still buying beer while i waited for the next batch to ferment and so on

so the time had come and a chest freezer came up on gumtree so i had to buy it, the chest freezer cost me $30 so if all went south nothing was costing alot, so here is what i've come up with so far,

keezer.jpg

the collar was pretty easy i even managed to get it squareish with no woodworking experience, well besides the bar i built, using 90 deg brackets helped pulling everything square,

keezer2.jpg

Great job Matt. You will find plenty of great items such as corner brackets in the big green shed to help novice wood workers, they even help professional wood workers. :p

Drew

Some cut up broccoli boxes (styrofoam) glued/taped to the inside of the wood will help it insulate - wood should be OK though.

Damn good price that :)

Looking good Matt!

Keep the pics coming as it comes together...

BTW: I hope that hole in the collar is for a tap shank and not just the controller probe wire? :blink:

:icon_cheers:

i have 2 taps on order which should arrive in the next 2 days so they'll go in soon and ill update the pics, my mate is a fridgie so he is making me a new lid as the old one is a little busted up, to control the temperatures i wired up a fridgemate from the boys at craftbrewer, which was easy to do and works a treat

fridgemate.jpg

Looking good Matt!

Keep the pics coming as it comes together...

BTW: I hope that hole in the collar is for a tap shank and not just the controller probe wire? :blink:

:icon_cheers:

lol nah mate just testing the temp controller, managed to sneak the purchase past the boss so i'll be drilling another hole for the 2nd tap thats coming in the mail

Some cut up broccoli boxes (styrofoam) glued/taped to the inside of the wood will help it insulate - wood should be OK though.

Damn good price that :)

yeah i was going to get my fridgie mate to get me some insulation to tape against the wood to help, thanks for the advice

1st tap came in the mail today, have another tap and another keg coming in the next couple days

keezer3.jpg

keezer5.JPG

keezer4.JPG

i have tested it a few times already tonight, ya know just to make sure it works lol

Testing is paramount Matty! ;)

Looking good mate!

BTW: good temp probe placement for me is; in a stubbie filled with no rinse.... A simple but effective way to control the temp of liquid inside the freezer..

2c.

BTW: Keep the pics coming!

Testing is paramount Matty! ;)

Looking good mate!

BTW: good temp probe placement for me is; in a stubbie filled with no rinse.... A simple but effective way to control the temp of liquid inside the freezer..

2c.

BTW: Keep the pics coming!

now there's an idea that makes sense, brb, might end up changing the probe, i've heard the ones that come with the fridgemates aren't to accurate?

Latest posts

Back