My Set Up So Far

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pope

Reaction score
Spent the last few months getting everything together to start electric BIAB brewing.
Still need to chase up a new freezer, CO2 cylinder and beer lines though.... So far the list consists of:

BREW GEAR:
60 litre alloy stock pot
1/2" three piece ball valve tap
3" bi-metal thermometer
Gryphon BIAB bag
Large hop sock
2200w heat element + 2400w portable heat stick
30 plate wort chiller

KEGERATOR GEAR:
4x ball lock kegs
4x long shank beer taps
4x John Guest manifolds
4x John Guest one-way check valves
Counter pressure bottle filler
Fridgemate temp controller

ACCESSORIES:
1 micron filter
35kg by 1g incriment digital scales
Modified Marga mill with hopper
2x 20L cubes + 3x 25L plastic (water) jerry cans
30L & 60L fermentors
Bulk lot of PET bottles
Stir/mash spoon, bottle brush, bottle tree & rinser, spring loaded bottle filler, Hydrometer & refractometer.
Fermentation fridge + bottle carbonating cupboard

Pics shortly!!!...(Can't wait to start brewing without that twangy kit taste)

All in, love it :chug: while I still day you can brew great beer with kits, AG is another dimension and it's easier to make awesome beer. Can't wait for he pics, bring em on

More than enough, more than I have to BIAB.

Mine's rudimentary (even the kegging system to an extent), but I make great AG beer, by knowing my limits.

Goomba

Some grain would be handy. Sorry I couldn't resist :icon_chickcheers:

No keg disconnects?
Oh well ... you need to fill your kegs and then bring them around to my place, I've got a few laying around:
plasticbits.jpg

I would suggest get brewing now! Plenty of time after pitching the yeast to sort the keg plumbing.

Knew I would forget some things... I do have the disconnects and a bottle capper, measuring jugs, sugar carbonation spoons, infra red thermo gun etc

BREW GEAR:
3" bi-metal thermometer

I would consider skipping the thermoter, assuming your plan is to install it in the pot, its only going to get in the way of your BIAB bag, and possibly tear it.

i would like to see this list of yours in 12 months time.... bet it's doubled or tripled, mine has... 2 ferment fridges, 3keg beer fridge , chest freezer for conditioning kegs.
7 fermenters. my wife seems to think i have a problem.... bullshit!!!! she's the problem :ph34r: :beerbang:

Back