My portable keg bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, how did you get all that stuff in it? It hardly looks big enough for the kegs and gas never mind the suitcase and tool boxes etc! Must be a bit of a blue box TARDIS thing going on?:fallingoffchair:

With great skill and difficulty :)

That's very impressive.

How is the timber top fixed to the existing lid?
Also, what's the internal height?

One of these would make moving it pretty easy.

Thanks

Liquid nails to hold it in place, after a day or so I put through 6 long timber screws with large washers using the impact drill and sealed them over with silicone.

440mm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160L-CHI...023897?hash=item1c73088a99:g:kGUAAOSwgHZYC2C-

thanks for the dolly link might check that out.

Is there enough room to put ice in it? Or does it just rely on it's own thermal mass? I suppose a bucks with 20 thirsty blokes it wouldn't have time to go warm

Fantastic setup, AM. Really impressive piece of work. Thanks for posting your little piece of inspiration.

Might need a bit more shiny stainless steel though [emoji6]

Actually, have you looked at a veneer for the very very blue esky? Wood or aluminum sheet/sticker, or paint (chrome or silver, of course!), etc

Is there enough room to put ice in it? Or does it just rely on it's own thermal mass? I suppose a bucks with 20 thirsty blokes it wouldn't have time to go warm
Still plenty of room for ice, we put 3 bags in and some water to make a slurry. Seemed to work quite well and a lot of ice was still there a couple days later.

Fantastic setup, AM. Really impressive piece of work. Thanks for posting your little piece of inspiration.

Might need a bit more shiny stainless steel though [emoji6]

Actually, have you looked at a veneer for the very very blue esky? Wood or aluminum sheet/sticker, or paint (chrome or silver, of course!), etc

Thanks.

I think hiding the blue will be next, I had thought of painting it black like I did to the white lid before fixing the timber top (mainly the sides of the white lid) but still black is black and not ideal for an esky. .

I do have some left over timber from the top which I think looks quite nice as a front section so may end up doing that.

Trial look below from when I was building it.

IMG_7415.JPG

Needless to say I'm impressed.

Dare I ask though.. rough cost? I recognise those font pieces from KegKing.

Addition tells me $1200 font and taps +$120 timber top +$248 esky+driptray+$720 kegs+line+disconects+manifold+reg+CO2

My guestimate just under $3000

Does the good woman know about this enquiry mtb?
I was just curious Grott!

..on a completely separate tangent, she's going to be accepting a delivery of kegs and associated gear next week. Total bargains on Gumtree, so nice of KegKing to ship them for me.

Needless to say I'm impressed.

Dare I ask though.. rough cost? I recognise those font pieces from KegKing.

I'd say atleast $3500.

The font pieces are ok, some issues but they have worked well and I do like the modularity of them.

Addition tells me $1200 font and taps +$120 timber top +$248 esky+driptray+$720 kegs+line+disconects+manifold+reg+CO2

My guestimate just under $3000

Close but I'd say my $3500 is being conservative as well. Some things were a little more pricey that you could get cheaper if you needed to. I spent the extra and bought the Italian made kegs, the drip tray was over $300 (custom made in the US and sent over), FC taps but you could use much cheaper taps, etc.

Latest posts

Back