My Own Gas Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWB

Reaction score
:icon_chickcheers:

Free at last....free at last

After 8 years of being milked by the people whomb I rented my CO2 gas from I had the greatest pleasure of returning their cylinder and telling them to put the latest bill for the next years rental ($158) where a duck cant.

I finally took the plunge and bought my own gas bottle . Now all I have to do is refill it when needed and not pay monthly rental.
The cost of the brand new bottle full of CO2 will pay for its self in two years

I will drink to that :beerbang:

JWB

Hi mate. Congrats on the purchase. I'm a Taswegian too, and moving to kegging, and haven't sorted out my gas as yet.
Interested in finding out where to go for gas.
Where did you get your bottle? Where will you be getting it refilled, and pressure tested every ?5 years?
Cheers

So how much does it cost to fill?

Can you claim carbon credits since you are removing that pesky CO2 from the atmosphere?

I might get in touch with my local member and have him lobby the government and see if we cant get some filling stations installed, or at least attract some fat subsidies or rebates for doing out bit to prevent the globe becoming a huge terrarium.

So how much does it cost to fill?

Can you claim carbon credits since you are removing that pesky CO2 from the atmosphere?

I might get in touch with my local member and have him lobby the government and see if we cant get some filling stations installed, or at least attract some fat subsidies or rebates for doing out bit to prevent the globe becoming a huge terrarium.

Dave,

doesn't that pesky CO2 escape back into the atmosphere when you pour your beer?
What about fermentation?

Careful Dave, you may end up with a new CO2 tax rather than some credits....

Cheers,
D80

Well done JWB!

I have just done the same as well, but only have rented a bottle for a few months. Can't wait for it to arrive! :super:

Where did you get your bottle? Where will you be getting it refilled, and pressure tested every ?5 years?

Howdy

I got the bottle on ebay from Victoria. It only took 4 days delivery . cost was $250 including freight. Its a brand new 6kg bottle full of co2 and complies with all the regulations. It needs to be hydrostaticly tested every 10 years .
Cost to refill should be about $50. My local supplier said that they will refill as long as every thing is within regulation

I also noticed that Tas Brewing Supplies in Hobart are now selling them

Cheers

JWB

Dave,

doesn't that pesky CO2 escape back into the atmosphere when you pour your beer?
What about fermentation?

Careful Dave, you may end up with a new CO2 tax rather than some credits....

Cheers,
D80

I dunno?
I spose if you let sit until is was flat, it may well. Then you have all that burping and chit chat also. Very confusing.

On a totally unrelated subject, do you own a 80 series diesel? I did, and am now extremely proficient at rebuilding front end bearings and replacing CV joints.

Howdy

I got the bottle on ebay from Victoria. It only took 4 days delivery . cost was $250 including freight. Its a brand new 6kg bottle full of co2 and complies with all the regulations. It needs to be hydrostaticly tested every 10 years .
Cost to refill should be about $50. My local supplier said that they will refill as long as every thing is within regulation

I also noticed that Tas Brewing Supplies in Hobart are now selling them

Cheers

JWB

Good to see another member from the NW coast, I am in Wynyard. Great on the CO2 cylinder, I would be interested to find out where you are going to get it refilled. I have two 6kg cylinders but currently get them refilled in Hobart as it is the only place I've found.

We will have to catch up sometime.

cheers

Ian

Must be a PITA having so much CO2...
Wanna sell me a cylinder? :)

Chubb fire in Launceston will refill them, from memory a 6kg bottle was 50 bucks to fill. Pretty sure i had to drop it off and pickup the next day.

Up here we pay $10 a kg for CO2, which I think is still a fair price.

QldKev

Scored a brand new 6kg cylinder, full, delivered, for $250 today. :)

Latest posts

Back