My New Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip Ross,

Just took the kids down to the local scrap yard to cash in their cans :) and picked up a galvanised sheet big enough to cover all my shelves for....... $8.00 ;) . now my shelving will be all Galvanised.

Cheers
Andrew

I did a test run today with my setup, heated 35L of water (Took around 15 minutes to 100C) and tested all the seals for leaks etc. I left the plain water in the esky for an hour and re-checked the heat it lost around 4C in the hour (Was 94C going in and 90C after an hour) but I think if there was grain in there it would of retained a few more degrees. Another thing I noticed was the lid of the esky did not want to sit on top, it kept pushing up with the steam inside and breaking the seal, has anyone else had this problem with the cylindrical eskys?

For now I am using a wooden offcut of wood I picked up for a shelf for the NASA to sit on, it has paint on it but this started burning up and giving off fumes soon after lift off :rolleyes: The heat these things give off is incredible!

nasaburn.jpg

I am going to look for some steel sheeting like AndrewQLD suggested and upgrade my burny wood.

great pics fellas,my brew tree is now about 5 months behind schedule.its a pretty steep learning curve trying to master welding and soldering the various pieces of steel/copper and not stuffing it up too much. andrew Qld you have the same type of burner i am going to use are you happy with it cheers spog.

yeah Spog its not too bad, but I will be upgrading to a high pressure job when funds permit.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,

Do you have any oics of your completed set up?
I am leaning towards a single tier when the march pump madness makes it's way up here.....

Cheers

Green Iguana said:
Andrew,

I am leaning towards a single tier when the march pump madness makes it's way up here.....

Cheers
[post="73124"][/post]​

No pics yet of the completed system, hopefully will have something to post next week.

Cheers
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Green Iguana said:
Andrew,

Cheers
[post="73124"][/post]​

No pics yet of the completed system, hopefully will have something to post next week.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="73129"][/post]​

Brew day in Bundy coming up??

Batz said:
[post="73135"][/post]​

I'm in, plenty of room here, just have to make sure I've got 3 kegs gassed and tapped :p for the thirsty hordes :lol: .
Will definately have to try and organise something. Anyone fancy a weekend away in beautiful Bundaberg?

Cheers
Andrew

I might be up for that, depending on which weekend/day

Hoops

AndrewQLD said:
Batz said:
[post="73135"][/post]​

I'm in, plenty of room here, just have to make sure I've got 3 kegs gassed and tapped :p for the thirsty hordes :lol: .
Will definately have to try and organise something. Anyone fancy a weekend away in beautiful Bundaberg?

Cheers
Andrew
[post="73137"][/post]​

Pick me ! Pick me !

I'll be in for it Andrew , I need a couple of weeks notice as I am doing some work away at present

Saying that could be around your way in 3 weeks or so , will give you a call

Batz

let me know Batz, and I will arrange something.

Batz brew day in Bundaberg :p . All welcome!

Hoops, sling me some dates too and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers
Andrew

Will have to check at work and see what's coming up, the last half of the year is usually pretty busy

End of Sept. onwards will be OK , as I said I need some notice so I can knock back jobs if they come up.

Batz

Brizbrew said:
Another thing I noticed was the lid of the esky did not want to sit on top, it kept pushing up with the steam inside and breaking the seal, has anyone else had this problem with the cylindrical eskys?

Hi Brizbrew,
I have the same problem with my 68 litre "keep cold" tun.
What I do is just crack the tap a little as you push down on the lid and it goes on OK.
It is good to know that these lids are such a good fit for mass production.
Cheers

AndrewQLD said:
let me know Batz, and I will arrange something.

Batz brew day in Bundaberg :p . All welcome!

Hoops, sling me some dates too and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="73142"][/post]​

Got any room for a old bloke who used to know Bundy well? :blink:

:beer:

Plenty of room Pete, your always welcome :) . I will be starting a new thread in a few days so we can organise a get together.

Cheers
Andrew

:party:
All the hard yards are done and I now have something that resembles a brewstand photo attached. Its been fun getting it all together.
DSCN0722.JPG

The Hlt is electric and holds 140litres. The mash tun sits where the fermenter is at present. The kettle is placed on a four wheel dolly trolley and sparging takes place .The kettle will hold 60 litres 3 Corny kegs. I am utilising a 2ton engine block and tackle to handle the wort after sparging hence the lifting eyes welded to the kettle. After the boil and cooling the kettle is lifted 1 meter and drained into the fermenter and aerated at the same time.
Then the next time my son in law visits it is lifted onto the brewstand. At the appropriate time it is cubed and conditioned. The refigerator has 50 ltrs Bitburger Pilsner and 50 ltrs Kolsch Lagering the two fermenters have 50 ltrs Double Diamond and 50 ltrs Churchill amber ale brewed last week.
My beer fridge photoDSCN0722.JPG attached will hold 15 Corny kegs I dont have that many only 6 and 2 45 ltr kegs that are sadly empty at the moment. This sorry state of affairs is soon to be remedied.
Every one on the site has been of help by posting their information and to you all thank you and Cheers.
Altstart

Attachments

• DSCN0720.JPG
    DSCN0720.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0720.JPG
    DSCN0720.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
I quite like the look of the WRONG photo too Altstart, nice fridge and the rest of the kit looks good too, well done.

Andrew

Altstart,

Nice impressive semi-micro brewery. :beerbang:

However that fridge is just pure beauty. :eek:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back