My New Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndrewQLD said:
Plenty of room Pete, your always welcome :) . I will be starting a new thread in a few days so we can organise a get together.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="73206"][/post]​

I will be waiting for it Andrew. I am very interested in your new setup & will be taking an extra long look at it. :rolleyes: Perhaps a few of us Sunshine Coast blokes can save the world a little & share a car (plus petrol costs, etc) for the trip?
From Maryborough on, just follow the Bundy rum aroma. :p

:beer:

Not sure if I've shown this yet.

Added this inline water filter to my new stand. It's got an activated carbon cartridge. Filters 40 litres of brewing liquor in 10 mins. or so.

I've plumbed it in with copper pipes. On brewday I just use a couple of metres of racking hose with brass fittings and fill 'er up.

Bought the housing on Ebay for $25. Nice cheap improvement. :beerbang:

Warren -

Another pic showing the copper pipe and easy hooker. I just rig this to the ball-valve on the HLT and fill. After filling the easy hooker can be connected to the sparge manifold for sparging. :beerbang:

Warren -

what are the connects on the hooker?? Looks like they have a threaded nut etc..Can you post a closer pick of it..

Thankss

Yeah, Sosman uses these similar easy hookers to connect to this pump. A close up is available on his brewiki site. It appears that they suit 1/2" thread, but I wouldn't have thought the ones I have seen would fit and seal but maybe I need to actually try them for fit. If there is a good enough barb to go with the nut they might make for good semipermanent connectors (ie. better than just a hose clamp on the barb).

Cheers, JD

No pic's but you can view a quick movie of my new version 2 brewstand trolley that I have been tinkering with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rig Devo!

Taken her for a few laps around the block yet? :)

Warren -

Only 2 so far but planning many more. Just did 42lt of Irish Stout last night.

Latest posts

Back