My Mate's A Knob

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've only ever had it at ATP ( Mount Buller). $5 for a coopers can at a music festival was pretty damn good value. Most music events charge the earth for crap grog then make you drink it all in the one place (usually nowhere near the band/s).

Mildly OT but then I'm not really sure there is an actual topic.

Never knew coopers done cans.hmmm thought weekly devout visits to Dans would save this embarrassment.

Oh well,back to some forbidden fruit or maybe westmalle ;)

lol your mate sounds like a friend of mine who managed a pub and said he'd fire me if I poured a beer in a single pull. apparently cutting then starting the flow mid pour releases the aroma and true flavour of the beer, as well has aiding in head retention and keeping it carbonated. :unsure:

I did read recently (in a wiki here, IIRC?) that a good pour includes a ten second rest towards the end.

Not that I took that info to heart, mind.

lol your mate sounds like a friend of mine who managed a pub and said he'd fire me if I poured a beer in a single pull. apparently cutting then starting the flow mid pour releases the aroma and true flavour of the beer, as well has aiding in head retention and keeping it carbonated. :unsure:

Well you learn something new every day :blink:

Its all true, did you know coopers lager is just very heavily filtered stout?

The sediment goes in the coopaz larger kit yeast.

I know someone who calls LCPA just "pale ale" when he is talking to other people about. Makes me cringe because he thinks the term pale ale refers to LC - as if they invented it.

No big deal - not everyone's as beer-edumacated as us!

Doesnt help when the big aussie breweries butcher beer terms, i.e. blonde.

Strictly speaking "Pale Ale" is the name given to bitter that is bottled as opposed to served in a cask. You can't get bottled bitter, or cask pale ale - them's the rules (well except in Burton on Trent)

Never knew coopers done cans.hmmm thought weekly devout visits to Dans would save this embarrassment.

coop1.jpgcoop2.jpgcoop3.jpgcoop4.jpgcoop5.jpg

You forgot one, Bribie.

BIRELLLBL.jpg

:D

Trivia of the day..............According to last nights Simpsons episode, Guiness stout is made from bog water and chocolate syrup. :(

stagga.

I was always trained to pour in two pulls, not sure why now though. <_<

Beer in a can should be baned. It is horrid. And im glad Coopers dont make new draught no more that was the worse tasting beer ever

Back