My Graduation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doon

Reaction score
Decided to use my tax return to set up an All grain system. Splurged out and have ordered Complete esky mash tun with thermometer (cause i am lazy and wanted a nice professional job rather then half assed one i would make) and a 60l Aluminium brew kettle, also got a turkey burner from Grain and Grape today! I already have a hot water urn to use as HLT

Cant wait have been thinking it over for a week now whether to get keg system or All Grain, but decided beer without the extract twang was what i wanted.

Will most likely use ghetto table for 3 tier set up until i can get a mate to weld up a brew tower

Just thought i would share my excitement around! :party:

congrats its a great feeling getting your AG gear all setup. so who's making the esky and what are they stinging you for it?

Beer belly, really didnt care how much it cost, getting the kettle from them also so decided was easier to get their mash tun too

Have only seen and heard good things about Beer Belly so probably money well spent

money very very well spent mate. their build quality is second to none.

that kit will last you forever....until you want to brew more than 60 litres ;) (trust me it will happen one day)

Ha Ha yeah no doubt that will happen, hopefully i have given myself enough future proofing with this setup to slowly save for bigger and better

I say good on ya Doon. Going AG, you won't look back, I have done both AG and keg set up in the same order as you and would do the same again.

Cheers
Gavo.

Well done Doon! You've got some qualtiy gear coming your way. I've bought a bit from Olde Wayno and his gear is top notch you won't be disappointed. Me three Gavo went AG then Kegs never regreted it in fact probably made me more determined to save for the kegging.

3 tier gravity systems are great and easy. Here's a photo of my latest upgrade to HERMS but still keeping the 3 tier.

My point is that when setting up or welding your rig, keeping your options open for future upgrades are important and if you build in enough flexibility into your system then you can pretty much go anywhere with your system.

Doon don't forget to post heaps of photo's?

Chappo

3 tier gravity systems are great and easy. Here's a photo of my latest upgrade to HERMS but still keeping the 3 tier.

The brew rig that's never been used (in it's current form :p )

seriously though a sharp looking brewrig is great to show off but remember, you'll be judged on the quality of your beer not the look of your gear

Latest posts

Back