My First Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet mate thanks. yeah i've just begun the 1C temp after reaching final gravity after d-rest. it got down just under what i expected, and stayed there for 2 days so i then started lowering temp by 2C every day. yesterday i got it to 1C and it's sitting pretty and will do for about 4ish weeks before i attempt to carbonate and bottle.

i'll keep that in mind for future batches of the cerveza lager but am starting on AG BIAB from here on in unless for some reason this one turns out drinkable to the point of wanting to give to my mates (fingers crossed) haha. so psyched for my first AG

so I'm away at the moment overseas, and got news that the person living in out house short circuited the laundry (pretty furious) - and now there is no power in there so my lagering is ruined. my beer is now sitting at room temp and will be for another 2 weeks.

It had a week and a half of 1C and is now sitting at Sydney room temps. Any ideas on what I could do, save from just seeing how it turns out? Or is it good as yuck?

Get the f%*#ers to fix the electricity and get your fridge going.

Depending on how hot it gets it 'may' be alright. I would expect the yeast to start producing some nasty stuff in 2 weeks especially if it gets warm.

Try it when you get home and see, it might surprise you.

Can u get them to run an Ext lead from somewhere else in the house??? or next door and get the fridge fired up again

Can u get them to run an Ext lead from somewhere else in the house??? or next door and get the fridge fired up again

at this stage probably not as it's all rigged to an STC, and I'm scared to have them f%#ing around with it. I don't know if it resets to 10C once switched back on.

Get the f%*#ers to fix the electricity and get your fridge going.

Depending on how hot it gets it 'may' be alright. I would expect the yeast to start producing some nasty stuff in 2 weeks especially if it gets warm.

Try it when you get home and see, it might surprise you.

sadly this might be the only thing I can do. fingers crossed

sadly this might be the only thing I can do. fingers crossed

If they can get the fridge going without the stc, normal fridge temps are far better than nothing.

we got home today and she'd blown a fuse....or at least short circuited it, i don't know the correct term. the fridge and washing machine and drier (and probably a whole crap load of other stuff had been put on at the same time; seriously must have been a LOT). good thing is they only required a reset of their powerboards and were back up and running.

no damage done...except for inside my fridge which looked like chemical warfare via mould. the beer was spoiled and stunk too. all that work for nothing. ugh. time to try again.

Latest posts

Back