My Fermentor Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk75

Reaction score
Finished my fermentor stand :D ... It's only a rough one for the moment but it will serve it's purpose for the time being.

Fermentor_Stand_a_800x600.JPG

Fermentor_Stand_b_800x600.JPG

Fermentor_Stand_c_800x600.JPG

Nice work, it certainly beats my method which is calling the missus and telling her to tip and hold whilst I bottle :)

One of these is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Are you sure that you don't need some sort of stay from the top of the verticals to the back edge? I'd hate to see your full fermenter taking a dive.

I'm intrigued why it's permanently fixed at that angle, I assume it's not for fermenting? :unsure:

Cheers Ross

One of these is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Are you sure that you don't need some sort of stay from the top of the verticals to the back edge? I'd hate to see your full fermenter taking a dive.
Yeah Malty, I was a little concerned but after giving it a good stress test before putting the fermentor on, I've made certain that the pine was strong enough, plus it's braced at the bottom fairly well...plenty of liquid nails and screws!!(Liquid nails will pull the surface of concrete off, top stuff!!)

I'm intrigued why it's permanently fixed at that angle, I assume it's not for fermenting? :unsure:

Cheers Ross

Your right Ross, it's not for fermenting...initially at least. I made it so when I'm transfering from primary to sec., bulk priming, etc... I don't have to muck around tilting the fermentor but alas I may give it a go for fermenting, just turn it round so the tap is facing towards the back ;)

By doing this you could open up some of the potential benefits that a chronicle fermenter would have over a standard barrel? Possibly fit a racking only tap on the side or rear and release the yeast via the original tap?!? :huh:

Looks the goods, maltaddict...

I struggle to get the last of my beer into the bottle, tilting the fermenter and peering in through the airlock hole.

But I am considering going back to syphoning. Its effective and efficient and I'm looking at this again (started off with this set up years ago)

I'm also going to try setting up a suction system with a racking tube, using CO2, for filling my kegs.

You're a thinking brewer, I like that...

WJ

By doing this you could open up some of the potential benefits that a chronicle fermenter would have over a standard barrel? Possibly fit a racking only tap on the side or rear and release the yeast via the original tap?!? :huh:
A "Chronicle fermentor"? :lol:
But yes it's something that has intrigued my thoughts!!

Looks the goods, maltaddict...

I struggle to get the last of my beer into the bottle, tilting the fermenter and peering in through the airlock hole.

But I am considering going back to syphoning. Its effective and efficient and I'm looking at this again (started off with this set up years ago)

I'm also going to try setting up a suction system with a racking tube, using CO2, for filling my kegs.

You're a thinking brewer, I like that...

WJ

Cheers WJ!! ;)

Finished my fermentor stand :D ... It's only a rough one for the moment but it will serve it's purpose for the time being.

is there any reason that the pine is longer than the fermenter?I would have thought cutting them down till below the top of the fermenter would not make a difference to its funtion but would help to prevent eyeloss or a big gauge in the forehead????
;)
cheers amita

is there any reason that the pine is longer than the fermenter?I would have thought cutting them down till below the top of the fermenter would not make a difference to its funtion but would help to prevent eyeloss or a big gauge in the forehead????
;)
cheers amita

Yeah I will probably cut the pine-uprights down a bit...just wanted to get it together as quick as I could. I am going to have to change a few things, such as making one out of all metal(already the base which is MDF has swelled from having liquid sitting on it <_< )...however I am also going to give it a coat of paint.

Back