My all grain (BIAB) no chill beers are all really bad...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
Sorry if this derails the thread but I'm a relative noob and I'm honestly interested in how clarity = quality in this instance.

If everything settles out during fermentation anyway, what are the negative/positive effects, other than more trub in the kettle (or fermenter)?

While not specifically about turbid wort, this thread got me thinking about the fermenting on hot break experiment.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/71545-fermenting-on-hot-break/

EDIT: beaten to the punch by Bribie
Beers a food, better quality raw materials usually means a better outcome I though. Not everything settles out. Poor milling and cloudy worts are an indicator of dissolved lipids from the husk, affecting head rentention and clarity. In bigger brewhouses excess proteins, again dissolved, bind filters and again clarity in the short and long term (colloidal stability) ... list goes on ...

/// said:
Beers a food, better quality raw materials usually means a better outcome I though. Not everything settles out. Poor milling and cloudy worts are an indicator of dissolved lipids from the husk, affecting head rentention and clarity. In bigger brewhouses excess proteins, again dissolved, bind filters and again clarity in the short and long term (colloidal stability) ... list goes on ...
/// said:
Just lobbed onto this thread and haven't read too much but /// do you advocate Swiss voile or nylon as the best material for a bag. I mean you being an educated man and all.........and a beer expert............I was just wondering how us poor dumb uneducated mofo's get by. Like if I could pay like $100 to sniff your jocks that you wore to the brewery today I'm sure I'd be such a better brewer. I'd be dumberer than you of course because I don't have a brewing degree.........or is that qual from a TAFE or maybe a similar institution that gives out qualifications in homeopathy or tantric sex!

I would love a qualification tantric sex, if I could double my performance length to two minutes I'd be wrapped!

/// said:
You are aware this is a homebrewing site, right?

Nick JD said:
You are aware this is a homebrewing site, right?
Limiting one's aim to brewing cheap hooch will not foster as many good discussions such as these.

djar007 said:
Between this and the brewhouse efficiency debates, I dont get time to watch tv anymore.
There is no debate, only people who are wrong :ph34r:

jc64 said:
I would love a qualification tantric sex, if I could double my performance length to two minutes I'd be wrapped!
Sting is the teacher. A course to steer clear of, I would suggest.

Great thread!
Don't post much but ths one was a great read, lots of manly giggles were had.

Sounds like infection, clean your boil/ mash tun tap, replace your n/c cube, fermenter and tubing and most of all don't give up.
The AABC champion beer last year was BIAB & N/C (mine) and at the moment I would not brew any other way, you will sort it out.

Cheers

3GumsBrewing said:
Great thread!
Don't post much but ths one was a great read, lots of manly giggles were had.

Sounds like infection, clean your boil/ mash tun tap, replace your n/c cube, fermenter and tubing and most of all don't give up.
The AABC champion beer last year was BIAB & N/C (mine) and at the moment I would not brew any other way, you will sort it out.

Cheers
This is heresy! begone demon!

Going back a few pages now, 'pink stain remover' is actually trisodium phosphate (probably chlorinated) and is an excellent cleaning product.
Alkaline enough to saponify the fats in your skin even in a dilute solution.
Cheers
Gavin

WhiteLomu said:
Going back a few pages now, 'pink stain remover' is actually trisodium phosphate (probably chlorinated) and is an excellent cleaning product.
Alkaline enough to saponify the fats in your skin even in a dilute solution.
Cheers
Gavin
I just asked Swmbo to saponify my fat but she wouldn't be in.

goomboogo said:
Sting is the teacher. A course to steer clear of, I would suggest.
sting-universe-number-five.jpg

Rowy said:
I just asked Swmbo to saponify my fat but she wouldn't be in.
You need a qualified cosmetic surgeon, medical vacuum, and large quantities of local anaesthetic for that.

Back