Murrays Nirvana Pale Ale- Now Bottled

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, off to search nearby offices for a copy now...

Go Shawn!!! Multi Media Megastar... Gettin' just like Dame Edna. :p :lol:

Warren -

Hi All,

Noticed in today's Daily Telegraph, an article on Murray's Brewing Co, the beers they make, and the history behing the company. The article even features our mate Gough. :D

That it does a full pager nonetheless in the Wed. foodie section. All looks great, hope you guys can keep up the demand, with this sort of PUBlicity look out.

One for the Newcastle guys:
Shawn (Gough) will be at Kahibah bottle shop this Friday (09/02/07) from 4-7 Pm doing a presentation of Murray's beers.

Be a good chance to catch up with a mate and taste some of the fine beers coming from the "Pub with no beer".

Shame I close at 6, but I will be there by half past so leave me some OK.

MHB

Thanks for all that fellas - a bit weird seeing myself in the paper :lol: I've got a good head for radio I think... Hope to see as many of you as can make it up to the pub. We had Trev from AHB here last Thursday while we were brewing which was loadsa fun. Had him helping me mash in and transferring the mash to the lauter tun but he mysteriously had to go before I needed him to shovel out the grain :lol: What a surprise! As I've said before, give me a shout when you are dropping through - would love to say g'day and talk beer.

As MHB said above, I'll be in Newcastle on Friday night at the Kahibah Bottlo between 4 and 7pm running a tasting of our bottled beers. As well as the Nirvana Pale Ale and the Sassy Blonde I'll bring a couple of bottles of our Anniversary Ale. Oak aged wheat and barleywine, 10%ABV, a really intense beer. We only bottled 900 750ml bottles so pretty limited. Hope to see a few on Friday in Newcastle or at the pub anytime ;)

Shawn.

The Murray's story was in the paper last week.
The Nirvana Pale Ale is british malt with Cascade hops.

By sheer coincidence it's a bit like my last Pale Ale,
which was a Coopers PA kit laced with Cascade hops for flavouring and aroma.

Had all 3 last week. All were fantastic, the Anniversary Ale is stunning!

Drink local aussie beer i say!

Scotty

"Drink local aussie beer i say!"

Hear hear!
Chris from the brewery was doing a tasting last thursday at Liquor on Parade and what a nice bloke, he invited me to come up, stay the night and participate in a brew! :D

"Drink local aussie beer i say!"

Hear hear!
Chris from the brewery was doing a tasting last thursday at Liquor on Parade and what a nice bloke, he invited me to come up, stay the night and participate in a brew! :D

Awesome... ISB road trip time :beerbang:

. Oak aged wheat and barleywine, 10%ABV, a really intense beer. We only bottled 900 750ml bottles so pretty limited. Hope to see a few on Friday in Newcastle or at the pub anytime ;)

Shawn.

hey shawn is this coming through any retail outlets?

hey shawn is this coming through any retail outlets?

The Anniversary Ale is available online through our website (www.murraysbrewingco.com.au) and through Corkers Kahibah in Newcastle. I think it will be available at a few outlets in Sydney, but only a few at this stage from later this week :) I'm not 100% sure exactly which ones but our stockists in Sydney are on our website. I'll try and find out for you tomorrow Neon.

Thanks for the feedback Scotty, glad you liked it. I'm assuming you got to try some of Dave's supply of the Anniversary- it was good to see him at the tasting the other night.

As for brewdays at the pub, please PM or email me and I'd love to work something out. Chris is running some tastings for us in Sydney and as he said Mike, you are definitley welcome whenever you can make it up. As for brewclubs... watch this space. We are working on a plan for some 'brew-weekends' for keen brewers. Again, please PM or email me if your club/group is keen.

Thanks again for the support.

Shawn.

G'Day Shawn ( Gough )

Have to do an upgrade on the Voip systems ( <_< ) at Macksville and Bellingen Hospitals soon, so hopefully, maybe, I can make it up for a beer or 2

Naturally this all depends on the Boss and THE MISSUS....

It says "COMING SOON." Any idea when it'll be up and running?

Oops.... :ph34r: The site is up and running but the purchase page isn't live yet obviously. Sorry about that. I'll try and sort it tomorrow - or at least sort a time when it will definitely be live. The beer is ready and we are all go at the brewery- just the websales side of things I guess. My bad...

Shawn.

G'Day Shawn ( Gough )

Have to do an upgrade on the Voip systems ( <_< ) at Macksville and Bellingen Hospitals soon, so hopefully, maybe, I can make it up for a beer or 2

Naturally this all depends on the Boss and THE MISSUS....

Good stuff Stu. Let me know if/when you can make it... ;)

Shawn.

Thanks for the feedback Scotty, glad you liked it. I'm assuming you got to try some of Dave's supply of the Anniversary- it was good to see him at the tasting the other night.

Shawn.

Shawn,

Yes I did share my bottle with Scotty - it was even better than the sample that you gave me but this probably had something to do with not having to drive afterwards !

It was even more complex and delicious than I remembered.

Well done mate.

My thanks go to you and Graham for broadening our beer horizons.

Dave

Yep - Dave was very generous. Bottles are on the shelf of other killer beers enjoyed!

Scotty

Had Nirvana Pale Ale yesterday. Available in plenty of stock form Kahibah Bottlo, Newcastle area. From reading the description on the brewerys website I was really excited about a true APA blended with a english PA. I was disappointed because I had built it up in my head so much. However upon reflection and after having more than just a mouthful I did realise it is a very nice beer. Not the hop feel one would expect from a APA from american micro's ie deschutes, or more mainstream boutiques sierra nevada. However the hops are very nice and it is a pa comperable to Little Creatures. Finally more breweries are taking up the challenge of making nicer, hopier, bigger bodied pale ales.

Recommend this beer for anyone to try. Looking forward to the 2IPA

Folks

I finally managed to pick up a 4 pack of the Nirvana Pale and the Sassy Blonde at the local Dan Murphy's this week. Damn they are good beers. I polished off the Nirvana tonight and I doubt the Blonde will make it past tomorrow. Well done that man!

I'll definitely have to pop in next time I'm up that way (not this year unfortunately - change of jobs means that there's no leave available for the chrissy holiday).

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back