Mudgee Brewing Co.'s Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent

Reaction score
Gday all
I had a friend that recently bought me back from a trip a 6 pack of Mudgee Brewing Co's Porter. It doesnt say too much about it on the label, but it is a nice dark brown, pretty much black with a thick tan head. Probably a bit overcarbonated, but it is actually quite a substantial porter. It is kinda a cross between a brown and a robust porter, as in a bit too complex and roasty to be a brown, and not quite bitter or hoppy enough to be a robust. Either way, I am quite impressed by this beer, and hope that it is a sign of things to come for our beer market.
Chocolatey roastiness, and some fruity esters (that I usually try to avoid in my own porters, but thats just me), medium bitterness, very easy to drink and only 4.3%. Thats another thing that puts it outta robust range. My only real complaint is the carbonation, that thins it out a bit too much, but otherwise, a beer that is well worth buying, or even seeking out.
All the best
Trent

Latest posts

Back