Movember 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerguide

Reaction score
Anyone here participating in Movember 2008? I will be, especially seeing last year I managed to raise over $1,000 for this great cause.

If you aren't taking part and would like to make a donation, my registration number is 1648551, or you can click here: https://www.movember.com/au/donate/donate-d...&country=au

That said if anyone else is taking part please share your rego number and link as this is definately for a good cause and hopefully Movember can go one better then the total raised last year.

I've already joined a friends crew....

Actually, I haven't shaved properly in over a week as I am on Annual Leave, tossing up if I should cheat and just keep my handlebar mo, or be clean shaved on Movember 1

To donate to my Mo you can either:

1. Click this link https://www.movember.com/au/donate/donate-d...&country=au and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account, or
2. Write a cheque payable to Movember Foundation', referencing my Registration Number 1455661 and mailing it to:

Movember Foundation
PO Box 292
Prahran VIC 3181

Cheating is tempting, especially if you've already got a well developed growth going on there. But I will be shaving first thing on the 1st as I've only got stubble at the moment.
This year the team I'm in is mostly made up of guys from work. First time they've all taken part - they've wussed out in previous years. Should be a hoot.

Thanks for sharing your rego number, hopefully we get some donations from here from those not participating.

In my line of work, it's the only time of year we are allowed facial hair at all, so alot of guys take it up....

Plus, I don't look forward to shaving this off, I'll need some hairdressers clippers or similar to trim it down first...

good on you zoddy. i only managed ~$450 last year. im participating this year. GO the MO

i had'nt shaved since 2 days after the AFL GFrand final up until yesterday. I feel naked. I had a beard approx 1" long. took me 20 minutes to shave and 3 applications of cream! it was getting quite beefy!

I did movember lastyear, unsure about this year as i feel good about being naked again!

It is amazing how 'clean' one feels after a good shave. I actually left my mo on until abotu Jan. last year and it felt strange taking it off then so I can only begin to image how you must feel Fourstar :)

Every time I take a drink im wiping my upper lip to get rid of the non existant dregs. :lol:

Unfortunately, removing the mo/beardo has yet to yield a 'favourable' response from SWMBO yet :rolleyes: .

Im in as well this year.Never grown a mo before..Should be interesting...

Me too, group from work going to go the mo!

I often grow a beard, but have never had just the moustache. Can't make up my mind if I want a pencil thin or a chopper, should know by the 14/11. may even look OK by the NSW case swap.

good luck, mobros :)

grant

I'm very tempted this year. Mainly due to the fact I'm starting to get some hectic side-levers happening, and if i grew a decent enough mo, I could connect the sidies to the mo and my lifes work would be complete!

Problem is I doubt anyone would be willing to fund me because my face has been a canvas for works (and abominations) of facial hair art since I was 14!

Fraid i can't join in, i have a full beard and the ministry of finance said if i shave off my beard she will cut off my Kerry Packers.... apparently she likes beards.
But i could kick in a few bucks, do u guys take paypal?

I'm in: Ant's Movember

I've had a full beard for the last few months, so it's a clean shave Movember 1.
I started last night by establishing the opposite of how I will end Movember:
Photo17.jpg

But i could kick in a few bucks, do u guys take paypal?

Flattop, yes Paypal is supported. When you go to the payment details screen of the 'donation' page you will be asked if you want to use Visa, Mastercard, Amex or PayPal.

I often grow a beard, but have never had just the moustache. Can't make up my mind if I want a pencil thin or a chopper, should know by the 14/11. may even look OK by the NSW case swap.

good luck, mobros :)

grant

I'm in - and it's going to be all 'Chopper' for me. :super:

Latest posts

Back