Moved to Brisbane no one to crack my grain anymore

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmtc80

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been a member for awhile but have recently moved interstate from country vic to Brisbane and now live in the springfield area. So I guess it's a welcome of sorts!
The problem with moving is I've left all my brewing buddies behind and the old beer budget hasn't extended to a grain mill yet. Any ideas where I can get some milled or does anyone near by have a mill and a spare 5 minutes to help a brother in need? I've tried a few HB shops and they are not willing to crush my existing grain, of course happy to crush grain I buy from them which I do understand but it doesn't help.
Anyway, rant over. I just miss my own beer.
Brew on chaps

Where in brisbane mate?
I'm nowhere near but I reckon you'll get someone put their hand up if you're a bit more specific with locale.

When do you need it crushed? I'm doing a brew day on Friday (Good Friday) so the mill will be in operation of course, if that works.

I'm off to a wedding this arvo so I won't be on here until tomorrow, but shoot us a PM or something if you like, unless of course someone else can do it sooner if needed.

Dmtc80 said:
Thanks mate but i thought i was, live in Springfield, sw brissy.
Cheers
Yes.
I blame my ageing eyes and apologise but hopefully I at least bumped your thread.

Awesome thanks Rocker, good friday will work just fine. Gives me some focus and time to get my shit together. Cheers I'll be in touch.

you could try craftbrewer, capalaba - maybe offer them a small fee if it's your grain...
they're the best for grain in bris, and if you start buying from them, they'll mill for free anyway.
no affiliation etc etc

Cheers yeah i heard craftbrewer was the bees before i even moved. I will probably resupply there in future but i brought a heap with me.

Back