Mountain Goat Brewery Tour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermeupscotty

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As posted in FB, I'm heading to the Mountain Goat brewery tonight for the regular Wednesday 6:30PM tour (and free pint from GABS coupon) and maybe check out their glassware which I think Shannon mentioned last meeting? Just wondering if anyone is interested in joining.

Cheers.

Enjoyed the tour. It was given by one of the front-of-shop guys (not a brewer) but he was very energetic and quite knowledgeable. Made it fun. It was interesting to hear where Mountain Goat started from and get an idea of the scale of their brewery. They increased their annual output from 600,000L to 1,000,000L last year, I think they said. Quite impressive.

Decent pizza and pretty cool setup at the Goat Bar. Very busy though - ended up standing for a while, after having ordered pizza. I tried their "Jaffa Porter" (porter with orange peel - good idea for a beer) and got a few sips of their barley wine. First time having barley wine for me and I was quite impressed. Wouldn't mind taking a shot at brewing one of these soon. Orange porter wasn't bad but I tend to prefer my darker beers smoother and sweeter than what that was. Really enjoyed their IPA too.

Latest posts

Back