Moo Brew in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crusty said:
To be totally honest, I'm sick to death of the retail game. I've been doing this shit on & off for 28yrs. If I got marooned on a tropical Island & didn't see a frickin soul for 12 months, It wouldn't bother me one bit. I have three demanding kids at home & working in retail, the stupid demanding people I deal with on a daily basis is sending me round the bend. I would ideally like to be out the back brewing the stuff than out the front selling it. I just can't be bothered listening to everyone's shit anymore.
If the opportunity came up, which it may in the future, I would change my tune if it was my beers that I was trying to promote to the public.
We are in flood here at the moment, just water over the road, no houses lost like the poor people of Queensland but the whingers & whiners of this town complain that they can't buy shit off the shelf as the trucks can't get through. FFS, I'm having a real battle on a daily basis with these morons. I'm to the point that I just walk away fearing I'll let loose & say something I might regret.
Enough rant, back to the beers.............................................. :beerbang:
So....
You'll be applying for the night shift position shoveling out the mash tuns eh?

Moo Brew had a keg of stout on tap at the Sydney Hotel in Hobart one time we were holidaying there. We were staying across the road at the time for a week, so I think I drank most of it.
It was so delicious, it prompted me to send them an e mail requesting the recipe. To which they politely declined. Despite my pleading.
Bastards..

Dave70 is spot on there with the New Sydney in Hobart. I don't go to Hobart much, but when I do I always spend most of my time in the New Sydney. At beerfest last year they had Moo Brew stout through the hopinator, which had ginger and choc nibs in it. Best beer for the weekend for me.
Don't pass up on going to the Seven Sheds, because of a few bad reviews. My first visit was OK. You never know which "Willie" will turn up.
I also recommend the Van Diemens beers as well. They don't do tours but visit Luke at Crown Cellars and Im sure he can fix you up with a few.
If you do get to Burnie, you have to visit the Club Hotel Bottle shop. They have an impressive range of beers that you would struggle to find anywhere in Australia.

Back