Monteith's bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtona

Reaction score
Hi
I've been given some Monteith's empty bottles. Would these be ok to use in home brewing?
I've read some conflicting reports on whether to use commercial beer bottles.
Thanks.
Tony

I've used them and they're fine. The Coopers longnecks are thicker glass and probably the best commercial bottle out there for reuse. Fundamentally any bottle can be used but I prefer crown seals because they are easier to cap.
Of course, with home brewing there is always a risk of explosions so ensure you focus on sanitation and understand when to bottle.

Longnecks are also better because you don't have to clean and cap as many bottles per batch....

mrtona said:
Hi
I've been given some Monteith's empty bottles. Would these be ok to use in home brewing?
I've read some conflicting reports on whether to use commercial beer bottles.
Thanks.
Tony
I've bottled a recent batch with a number of Monteith's bottles. No problem at all. Haven't had a problem using any commercial beer bottles, even Cooper's stubbies with the twist tops although I generally avoid those unless I have to.

Put down a Monteith black clone in monteith bottles about a month ago. No problems in using them. Except they are smaller at 330ml.

They'll be sweet mate. Make sure you get your carbonation levels right (bulk priming is the way to go) and you'll be fine!

Latest posts

Back