Mmmm, Beer...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's where they can "gently" shove their clear glass bottles too! :D

Warren -

I second the clear bottles, but Ross made a good call about the sun in england. ;)
I still think Aventinus is like a beautiful painting... not just to look at, but each time you look at it/taste it, it gives you a a different pleasure. Everything about it is fantastic, it is truly a work of art. I give Schneider Weisse 10/10 for their brewing, the Kristall is fantastic as well.
But I should taste the original again... forgotten what that's like.

You wanna try it at the Schneider Weisses Bruhaus in Munich.

To die for. :wub:

Warren -

Wbhaus.jpg

Chimay would have to be top of my list of the ones i've tried, followed closely by the leffe! i've had plenty of green king IPA when serving it in london and thought it was drinkable.. especially over the stock fosters, stella and carling etc.. but then again we also had on tap hoegaarden, leffe blonde, kriek and one other tap on permanent rotation... but the real joy was the cellar, that housed the many crates of chimay (blue, red and white) bottles gathering dust..!!! i loved sorting stock in the cellar let me tell you.!!! :lol: :party:

i really want to try the aventinus now... anyone know of a (syd) city or northern beaches bottlo who stock it.?

i really want to try the aventinus now... anyone know of a (syd) city or north shore bottlo who stock it.?

G'day KoNG,

Northmead Cellars have it on their website here at the moment for sale:

-----

Scheider Weisse Aventinus
500ml Schneider Weisse Aventinus Bock Beer 8% Alc Vol
Price AUD$ 6.72

Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock
330ml Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock 12% Alc Vol
Price AUD$ 7.50

-----

Sounds like a popular choice, will have to get there myself a get a bottle or two.

Cheers

nice.. thanx Duff
although thats a little far to journey from manly.
unless of course i'm in the area for work at some stage...
i'll keep it in mind.

just checked out that site.... looks like its worth a good look. cheers

Actually, all this talk of Aventinus, think I will have another look at my recipe (mainly lowering OG a bit) and brewing that again this year.

Jovial Monk

I was inspired by you, and just went to the local bottle shop to see what they had. I picked up a bottle of the Deuchars IPA, a fullers ESB, and Kamkowe from Poland (it was in the $2 bargain bin, not bad for a 500ml bottle). The Deuchars was the only one out of your purchases that I hadn't tried before.

The Deuchars must have a bit of age to it, because the hops are very very mellow, not what I expected for an IPA. I cant find a use by date on the bottle to be able to tell. But saying that, its a brilliantly balanced beer, with some nice aroma hops and a good malty profile.

It's definitely on my list to try again, hopefully with a fresher bottle.

The Deuchars was fantastic, very impressed with it.
I felt like going to sleep after it... so it fits the bill as an IPA!

Just sipping at the Greene King IPA now, with dinner.
I wouldn't call it bad, but I think it does fall short of the mark.
I'm perplexed why they kept it to 3.6% when IPA were meant to be 5.5% upwards.
And now I know why that guy (sorry, forgotten the name) was saying First Gold is similar in aroma but different in flavour, to Goldings. Interesting combination though.

Latest posts

Back