Minute Rice, Flaked Corn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngy

Reaction score
Looking at doing a easy to drink beer for summer.

Was going to make it along the lines of this, except different hops and lager yeast.

I want to brew this on the weekend, so where can I get this stuff from. Im in Adelaide.

Minute Rice, is this instant rice? or I have read you can get Lowens flaked rice from Coles is this the same?
Flaked Corn, I know craftbrewer has this (flaked maze), is there a substitute from Coles or health food shop?

Cheers,

Craig

Well, to each their own...

I would presume that minute rice is instant rice, but reading the post, it sounds like flaked rice was an original, and it was subbed with minute rice, anyway. So whichever is easier to get.

As far as maize is concerned, don't know about coles or healt food shops, maybe. Might be worth giving wayne at beerbelly a bell. He doesn't have it on his site, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

Looking at doing a easy to drink beer for summer.

Was going to make it along the lines of this, except different hops and lager yeast.

I want to brew this on the weekend, so where can I get this stuff from. Im in Adelaide.

Minute Rice, is this instant rice? or I have read you can get Lowens flaked rice from Coles is this the same?
Flaked Corn, I know craftbrewer has this (flaked maze), is there a substitute from Coles or health food shop?

Cheers,

Craig
Minute Rice will be instant. You can use flaked rice or even just plain rice.
You would be able to get flaked corn of some sort from Coles or health food stores but I can't say what sort as I get mine from Craftbrewer...
If you are planning on making a recipe like that with lager yeast I'd suggest looking into Classic American Pils recipes, I think there are some around here, if you haven't already.
Up to 30% maize or rice, and no reason you couldn't use both, pilsner malt, lager yeast...
Not something I'll be rushing to make myself but I've tasted a few homebrew ones and they are very drinkable...

Back