Minimum Height For Keg In Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian ulrick

Reaction score
I know that the Corny kegs are 630mm in height but could someone tell me the minimum height needed to fit with ball lock disconnects and beer/gas lines into a fridge please.

I have a shelf 750mm up from the bottom (above my kegs). I could probably squeeze a couple more cm down, but it would be a real pita IMHO.

About 100mm for the disconnects and so you don't kink your hoses. Allow even more if possible so you can squeeze your hand in to disconnect them or burp the keg etc.

Why, do you have a cunning plan? :lol:

About 100mm for the disconnects and so you don't kink your hoses. Allow even more if possible so you can squeeze your hand in to disconnect them or burp the keg etc.

Why, do you have a cunning plan? :lol:

I was asking this exact same question about 4 months ago. I fitted it into 69cms i think

I've been trying to get SWMBO to watch blackadder - it was a struggle through the first series - seems to be getting better through the second

Should have ticked the british humour box when i put the request in

Don't even mention monty python ...

Might give love thy neighbour or on the buses or mind your language a go and see how they fare

Cheers

Thanks fellow brewers for your prompt replies. With making a new bottom shelf I should get 800mm clearance with floor area 635mm x 440mm. Afromaiko to answer your question yes and the plan is with this info I am hoping I will be able to fit 6 kegs. The fridge is as old as me :lol: and still runs sweet. It was my mothers so I replaced it with a 2 year old model off a mate for $400. This forum is very informative and has really geed me up to get kegs. Seen a Fathers Day special 2 keg kit for $275 plus PP. And yes I will post pictures as I convert the old girl to her final duties.

Cortez. Sir name rhymes with Baldrick and had shoulder length hair at the time it first came out. Boys put 2 and 2 together and has stuck ever since. Even get Uncle Baldrick :lol:

I've been trying to get SWMBO to watch blackadder - it was a struggle through the first series - seems to be getting better through the second

Should have ticked the british humour box when i put the request in

Don't even mention monty python ...

Might give love thy neighbour or on the buses or mind your language a go and see how they fare

Cheers

My wife delayed the arrival of our first daughter to watch the end of a Black adder episode.
Her waters broke part way through the episode but she refused to go to the Hospital until the episode finished.!!

OT: It has always been my opinion that you might as well start watching blackadder from 2 onwards anyway.
I love 2, 3 and 4 but I've never gotten into series 1...

I also did tick that box when I put the request in :)

Latest posts

Back