Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N3MI said:
FWIW My 5l mini keg holds a touch over 5 litres of liquid at the the weld line.
If you have the same 5lt keg as we all bought on the last BB, I would be very surprised. I fact I really don't think you could get 5lt into one of these.

Photo using water filled to the bottom of the conical, I'll call it 4lt, give or take a few ml.

What do you others find?

DSCF7454.JPG

Batz said:
If you have the same 5lt keg as we all bought on the last BB, I would be very surprised. I fact I really don't think you could get 5lt into one of these.

Photo using water filled to the bottom of the conical, I'll call it 4lt, give or take a few ml.

What do you others find?
Possibly a silly question, you didn't get a 4Lt keg instead of the 5Lt by mistake. What are your dimensions and I'll compare it to my 4Lt one

Definitely looks like a 5L fro. What I understand is the is alot taller

Has 5lt printed on it. What do your 4lt kegs hold?

Batz said:

What do you others find?
Sorry, mine is from ebay. But this is it filled to the brim.
IMG_20161219_162226.jpg

OK point taken, yes filled to the brim 5lt. Quite surprised the conical bit holds a litre.
For use as intended I would personally not fill past the 4lt level. I'm not complaining at all, love these little kegs.! :drinks:

DSCF7455.JPG

Hi guys Sorry i haven't been keeping up to date in here, this is puzzling to hear about the 5L all holding different amounts, I just threw 5L of water in two of the ones at the shop and both filled it with about 55mm of head space to the very top on the neck.

they all looked and felt the same size when packaging them all, would be interested to see how many people are finding them to not fit 5L in them. and by how much. there should not be so much variation between the same product.

All Things Homebrew said:
Hi guys Sorry i haven't been keeping up to date in here
If you get a chance, can you take a look at the reg I sent back that got delivered today..
The replacement one is doing the same ('emphysema grandma breathing output when turned on, as opposed to flowing freely), so would be good to see if its something obvious..

SBOB said:
If you get a chance, can you take a look at the reg I sent back that got delivered today..
The replacement one is doing the same ('emphysema grandma breathing output when turned on, as opposed to flowing freely), so would be good to see if its something obvious..

yeah it got delivered today will try play around with it tonight, along with another one. I have had the issue once or twice before but it isn't consistent, sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't.

Batz said:
OK point taken, yes filled to the brim 5lt. Quite surprised the conical bit holds a litre.
For use as intended I would personally not fill past the 4lt level. I'm not complaining at all, love these little kegs.! :drinks:
I went to half cone last night (RIS) and stopped it about 4.4kg, wouldnt want to put more in it than that..

:party:

All Things Homebrew said:

yeah it got delivered today will try play around with it tonight, along with another one. I have had the issue once or twice before but it isn't consistent, sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't.
Interested to hear results, I had the same issue on the weekend. Reg worked fine last time I used it, this time, no good. Ended up using mini-kegs as oversized growlers which was less than satisfying.

Haven't tried reg since, but tried two different bulbs for same result.

Fraser's BRB said:
Interested to hear results, I had the same issue on the weekend. Reg worked fine last time I used it, this time, no good. Ended up using mini-kegs as oversized growlers which was less than satisfying.

Haven't tried reg since, but tried two different bulbs for same result.
Well, im kind of glad I am not the only one...
Went through a few bulbs trying to work out what I was doing wrong, so hopefully Mark can identify some simple issue/cause

Latest posts

Back