Mill Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djneli

Reaction score
Well I have to say that I'm rather chuffed with this mornings efforts of building a stand for my mill. Sure it required an extra trip to Bunnings cause I miscounted how many pieces of timber I needed to ensure I had 4 legs and not 2 - but in the end it all came together! I even gave it a trial run and it did the job nicely!

Started with a pile of timber:
DSCF5716.jpg

A couple of hours later I had a finished mill stand =)
DSCF5717.jpg

Comlete with a detachable output under the mill in an effort to minimise flour dust going everywhere but still enable easy cleaning.
DSCF5719.jpg

DSCF5720.jpg

I'm not going to win any design awards but I reckon it came up pretty good! And I even got myself a new cordless drill with a 13mm chuck to power the ******* till I take it to phase 2 and add a motor and pulley system.
DSCF5721.jpg

Neat job! well done,
Just out of curiosity, what is the plastic moulding that you used underneath for the collector?
Cheers
Vespa2

Looks good will like to see photos with hopper on top. Is this coming?

Neat job! well done,
Just out of curiosity, what is the plastic moulding that you used underneath for the collector?
Cheers
Vespa2

The plastic is a storm drain fitting from Bunnings - not a roof fitting but one of those pieces you find in the ground integrated to runoff grates. I think it was about 8 bucks. It is 255 square and considering the MillMaster is 150 x 160 it was a good match I reckon.

Looks good will like to see photos with hopper on top. Is this coming?

Hopper will wait till I get a motor and pulley as the drill isn't all that powerful and was chugging down if I added too much grain, so for mow it is a matter of sprinkling in a bit at a time - but still much more user friendly than the hand power I was doing up to now =)

Back