Milk Stout 6-8 months in Fermenter......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3taL

Reaction score
So iv known its there but keep forgetting to do anything with it... tonight i smelt it and it smells great...

I brewed a milk stout about 6-8 months ago..i put it under the stairs to get around to bottling and just never have... the temp would never fluxuate in there much as our house is Aircon but its under our staircase on a tile floor so it would prob sit on 16c all the time.

Should i keg it up? or could there be some issues with the Lactose? it was put in 10min end of Boil.

You have a beer that has matured and smells and tastes great and you are wondering if you should package it and maybe drink it once it's carbonated?

Yes.

:) Cool just wasnt sure about the lactose addition.... I'll keg it up and see how it is then i'll bottle with my gun

That's probably the best option, as the yeast has probably gone to sleep now, like the barleywine I made and left in the vessel for a period.

At bottling, I find that I needed to dose with some small amount of bottling yeast to ferment the priming sugar.

Latest posts

Back