Mikkeller Are Coming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont tell me you've got it in stock at CB Ross? if so maybe i'll have to get you to jam a few into some kegs I need and ship them down!

If it wasn't for the ongoing battle with the local council, the answer would have been yes.....so unfortunately not at present :(

Cheers Ross

Just checked their website. Shame they're not bringing in the Beer Geek Brunch (Weasel). Check out this description.... "This imperial Oatmeal stout is brewed with one of the worlds most expensive coffees, made from droppings of weasel-like civet cats. The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to break down the bean. Workers collect the bean-containing droppings for Civet or Weasel Coffee. The exceedingly rare Civet"

Have to try that once in your life, eh!

Cheers - Snow.

Unfortunately it has been proven in double blinds and triangles that Kopi Luwak (civet coffee) is a bit of a farce. The whole process of getting the bean is true, but the brilliant coffee it apparently produces is not so true. it often scores dead last against even the lowest grade estate beans. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it has been proven in double blinds and triangles that Kopi Luwak (civet coffee) is a bit of a farce. The whole process of getting the bean is true, but the brilliant coffee it apparently produces is not so true. it often scores dead last against even the lowest grade estate beans. :rolleyes:

No shit :lol:

The Beer Geek Breakfast is bloody good with scrambled eggs though. It does leave you with a tendency to want to nod off mid-morning however. Great roast notes.

Not sure if they can order any in, but the Struise Mikkeler Eliot brew (Belgian DIPA) is sensational.

first off fair play to the good folk at cloudwine for yet again sourcing some damn exciting commercial beers for us all

as for how much it will eventually cost us to taste some of these fine brews.........?

it says on the blog on the mikkeller site that the mikkels monster goes for 100kr which is about $26. so if that's what it worth locally where they are brewed what do you reckon we'll end up forking out for them, double? (granted the monster is a 600ml bottle of 13% barleywine)

if only it was closer to my birthday or christmas or father's day or something

Isn't alcohol the victim of insanely high tax in denmark and other scandinavian countries?

If this is the case their beers may well end up cheaper in Australia than in their homeland...

pricing from one bottleshop that will have them in soon -

- Single Hop Simcoe IPA 330ml $10
- Its Alight! 330ml $9
- All Others Pale 500ml $15
- Stateside IPA 500ml $16
- Jackie Brown 500ml $16
- Big Worse 375ml $19
- Black Hole 375ml $20
- Black 375ml $23
- Not Just Another Wit 750ml $30
- Draft Bear 750ml $32
- Fra Til 750ml $32
- Monks Elixir 750ml $34
- Stone - Alesmith - Mikkeller (Co-op) 355ml $17
- Hvedegoop (Co-op with Three Floyds - US) 650ml $42

a bit more expensive than the rogue beers as the rogue ones were mostly bigger bottles. but could manage a couple from the first batch and a couple from the next. much the same as i did with the rogue ones. but i would like to get 2 of each of the stronger ones and put them away in a hard to find spot to keep for next year or later.

pricing from one bottleshop that will have them in soon -

- Single Hop Simcoe IPA 330ml $10
- Its Alight! 330ml $9
- All Others Pale 500ml $15
- Stateside IPA 500ml $16
- Jackie Brown 500ml $16
- Big Worse 375ml $19
- Black Hole 375ml $20
- Black 375ml $23
- Not Just Another Wit 750ml $30
- Draft Bear 750ml $32
- Fra Til 750ml $32
- Monks Elixir 750ml $34
- Stone - Alesmith - Mikkeller (Co-op) 355ml $17
- Hvedegoop (Co-op with Three Floyds - US) 650ml $42

a bit more expensive than the rogue beers as the rogue ones were mostly bigger bottles. but could manage a couple from the first batch and a couple from the next. much the same as i did with the rogue ones. but i would like to get 2 of each of the stronger ones and put them away in a hard to find spot to keep for next year or later.
Can't wait to get stuck into some of these bad boys!

For what is worth, I think the prices are actually quite reasonable.
We're talking about some of the best beers, made with skill and what appears to be no limit to ingredients and alcohol content, no expense was spared on the brewing of them.

I'd consider buying beer of this kind of reputation and quality like buying boutique wine. I find i'll happily fork out $25-40 for a bottle of nice wine at a cellar door (after a few tastes of course :p), and I won't really think about the price too much. It's more of an experience, than just a bottle of booze. And looking at the abv of Black, that's in port territory!

Can't wait to get stuck into some of these bad boys!

For what is worth, I think the prices are actually quite reasonable.
We're talking about some of the best beers, made with skill and what appears to be no limit to ingredients and alcohol content, no expense was spared on the brewing of them.

I'd consider buying beer of this kind of reputation and quality like buying boutique wine. I find i'll happily fork out $25-40 for a bottle of nice wine at a cellar door (after a few tastes of course :p), and I won't really think about the price too much. It's more of an experience, than just a bottle of booze. And looking at the abv of Black, that's in port territory!

oh don't get me wrong - i'd gladly fork out the money for a slab of each if i had it............... but may have to settle for a couple for now and maybe try my hand at some clones of the tastiest ones!

oh don't get me wrong - i'd gladly fork out the money for a slab of each if i had it............... but may have to settle for a couple for now and maybe try my hand at some clones of the tastiest ones!
I'd love to be able to make a beer of those kind of proportions!

Gotta start planning project Insane, Over-the-top Strong Belgian American ale!

They win my vote for their names alone... Spied this one on ratebeer.com

Mikkeller Barrel Aged Smoke a Ciggy :huh:

Warren -

tried the all others pale and the stateside ipa the other day. both very hoppy beers. nice to taste but i couldn't have more than one really. but that's just my palette. other real hop heads out there will really enjoy them. next ti think i'll go for some of the stronger ones like the black or the big worse.

I picked up a bottle each of Stateside IPA and the Simcoe Single Hop IPA from Warners at the Bay (just south of Newcastle) last weekend. Pricing was similar to what christmasbender posted above. I can't wait to crack them.

Anyone know who in Brisbane is stocking them?

- Snow

Anyone know who in Brisbane is stocking them?

- Snow

Snow, Nectar at West End only have the Simcoe IPA. Apparently they had no luck in getting any of the other stock as it's all sold out.

Not sure if it's available at any other locations.

Any news on when this will hit the IBS?

Not sure Kook will have to wait for the next shipment. Despite putting in pre-orders a few months in advance it seems I still missed out!

anyone tried the NS IPA ?

thinking it would be pretty full on, wouldn't be my choice for an IPA, but what do i know...

cheers

Has anybody else recieved a deliver from Cloudwine?

Still waiting patiently on mine...the anticipation is killing me! :chug:

Purvis in Surrey Hills are now sticking Mikkeller. bit pricyier than other have quoted though.

Latest posts

Back