MIGHTY HAWKS !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had friends around for some drinks whilst the game was on. fwuckers decided they were goin for the swans to spite me.
That'll teach them had the team song ready to go on the phone and amp Haha!

Camo6 said:
Watched the game with the in-laws today who are all mad Hawk fans. During the after game presentation my six year old came in and said "Oh, the poos and wees won." That's my girl!
Trained well!

I used to be a Hawks fan, but in year 2( 6 years old and many moons ago)I jumped ship to the mighty "D's" smart move that was.Both back then which was mid 1980's and now! Great game by the Hawkers but average game to watch after probably 1/4 time.

My son and I try to get to a hawks game or two every year. Not always easy from Goulburn, NSW. Every time without fail we see them beaten, regardless of who they play! We decided that this grand final we wouldn't watch on tv so as to ward off our bad luck. Worked a treat! Go hawks!

I went to my first and only game of AFL in 1977 at the Western Oval a police officer caught me climbing over the wall, he made me climb back and watch the game!

Well, the Footscray Bulldogs were outstanding in the VFL this year & played games in Footscray. I live about a click down the road from the Western oval. My grandpa was a doggies man & when he left for the pub in the sky I pinched some dirt from the centre square so he could be buried with part of what he used to call "the holy land".

Yes, that was just a joke, followed them all this time since coming to Australia and the VFL is the only time I have seen them win any silverware.

Went to the big game yesterday and loved every moment. Soaked it all up and still enjoying the win. The atmosphere was phenomenal and I couldnt dare to call it a boring game. A wonderful achievement considering the cards the club was dealt this season.

B A C K 2 B A C K

Midnight Brew said:
A wonderful achievement considering the cards the club was dealt this season.
That's true, the win is testament to the side. To lose your coach for so much of the season and not skip a beat is pretty amazing. For me the Hawks weren't the source of disappointment, but rather Sydney. Not a yelp given!

MartinOC said:
Erm....did Hawthorn win?

Well, there goes my annual challenge to avoid finding out who won...

Yawn!!!
We didn't win...we sh*t it in!!

All this crap from the Sydney TV Breakfast commentators about how Sydney are going to crush Hawthorn and win the flag maybe they should stick to talking about rugby, they have more of an idea about that!

Prince Imperial said:
That's true, the win is testament to the side. To lose your coach for so much of the season and not skip a beat is pretty amazing. For me the Hawks weren't the source of disappointment, but rather Sydney. Not a yelp given!
Not only the coach.
Had a shocking run of injuries through the season, especially Cyril.
He played so well yesterday after 13 weeks out.
The pressure on the ball was mad, Sydney are a very talented team and I thought they would give is a bit more of a contest. I just don't think they came with even close to the amount of tenacity and desperation that our boys did.
I still have a big smile, will be wearing the colours for a while yet !!

GO HAWKS !!

CF

I actually really enjoyed the whole game regardless that I support neither team. I was hoping the Swans would fire something back but Hawks simply wouldn't let them. Normally when a game is done and dusted by early 3rd quarter I loose interest but I sat back and admired one of the most complete games of footy I can ever remember seeing from a team. They were relentless in attack on man and ball and when they had it they were so accurate and precise and I could not see one passanger. Enjoy it Hawks fans.

I've been a Hawks member for 8 consecutive years now. I loved every minute of yesterday and (apart from the hangover) today, watching all the news and footy analysis shows :)

slcmorro said:
I've been a Hawks member for 8 consecutive years now. I loved every minute of yesterday and (apart from the hangover) today, watching all the news and footy analysis shows :)
Good on ya slc.

I am going to pull my finger out and join next season, was gonna do it this year but i just plain forgot. I am really enjoying the vibe of the team at the moment and i feel the need to contribute finally.
I have a little bloke who will get a junior membership also.

And good call droopy, it ws a great game, everyone dug deep and contributed. Was one the best whole team efforts I have seen for a long time.

We have such depth to come in too, quite a few box hill boys knocking on the selection door.
Next year will be exciting !!!!

Back