MIGHTY HAWKS !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedFingers

Reaction score
Don't care who replies !!
Hawks fan here, sucked in swans, you can have buddy. !!!!!!

Good on ya boys

WE SMASHED EM !!!!!!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411812835.927120.jpg

CF

Erm....did Hawthorn win?

Well, there goes my annual challenge to avoid finding out who won...

Yawn!!!

oh ok so there was another game of foot ball, ..cool, at least there was a good reason for a beer or two to be downed!

How can you smash anyone in a non-contact sport?

Boo. Fkn. Yah ! :super:

Stunning, comprehensive victory. Really impressed with how well the Hawks played - one of their best games all season, and they pull it out in the Gand Final !

Truly surprised as to how it worked out: Hawks totally all over the Swans after the first 10mins.
I was waiting for Buddy, Goodes, Tippet et al to bust it open at any time, but it just never happened. Only at the end of the 3rd Quarter was i thinking we really did have it stitched up. Kinda silly in hindsight - Sydney just never really had a chance.

I still greatly admire Buddy and wish him no ill will, but was particularly chuffed that we did over the Swans after they shelled $10mill to buy a star player (off one of their main opposition teams) to excessively top up their already-star-studded team. Poetic justice, baby!

Big ups to Clarko, Hodgy and the boys. Fantastic effort. B)

Maybe only shit because of the lack of contest on swans behalf ?

CARN HAWKS. !!!

You beauty !!!!!

CF

MartinOC said:
Erm....did Hawthorn win?

Well, there goes my annual challenge to avoid finding out who won...

Yawn!!!
That's okay - I found out it was grand final day today... and I had a bbq to go to. Win! Mostly for the bbq, though. And beer.

And did I mention the beer?

I may be the only hawks supporter on this forum who is happy !

You will not dampen my spirits !!

Back to back baby !!!!!!!

CF

Yep, no contest, which was very surprising. 2nd half was boring as bat shit. Not exciting to watch at all.

technobabble66 said:
Boo. Fkn. Yah ! :super:

Stunning, comprehensive victory. Really impressed with how well the Hawks played - one of their best games all season, and they pull it out in the Gand Final !

Truly surprised as to how it worked out: Hawks totally all over the Swans after the first 10mins.
I was waiting for Buddy, Goodes, Tippet et al to bust it open at any time, but it just never happened. Only at the end of the 3rd Quarter was i thinking we really did have it stitched up. Kinda silly in hindsight - Sydney just never really had a chance.

I still greatly admire Buddy and wish him no ill will, but was particularly chuffed that we did over the Swans after they shelled $10mill to buy a star player (off one of their main opposition teams) to excessively top up their already-star-studded team. Poetic justice, baby!

Big ups to Clarko, Hodgy and the boys. Fantastic effort. B)
Damn straight techno !!

Great effort to rip out the best game of the season in the GF. Well coached and played by the boys. Bringing in Cyril was a good move too.
No hard feelings for buddy, but they can have him. !!!!!!

Freakin happy !

CF

Boring game of footy, Hawks were excellent, though. Also watched my second game of League for the year with the rapists taking out Penriff. That sport has zero room for creativity. No wonder League players piss into their own mouths for fun.

jyo said:
Yep, no contest, which was very surprising. 2nd half was boring as bat shit. Not exciting to watch at all.

This. The swans played like shit. After the last 14 games, where they've lost none but one, I was dismayed. **** the Hawks but as much as it pains me to say it the swans deserved to lose after playing like that. It was a very somber affair in Sydney (well, the pub I was in) this afternoon.

Watched the game with the in-laws today who are all mad Hawk fans. During the after game presentation my six year old came in and said "Oh, the poos and wees won." That's my girl!

CrookedFingers said:
Damn straight techno !!

Great effort to rip out the best game of the season in the GF. Well coached and played by the boys. Bringing in Cyril was a good move too.
No hard feelings for buddy, but they can have him. !!!!!!

Freakin happy !

CF
Hells yeah!!
Really, really stoked with how they played.
I don't want to be one of those gushing supporters (bordering on arrogance, etc); but they just played so damn well !!
Everything they were trying to do over the last several weeks really came together like a dream. Rather than struggling to maintain enough back-up while clearing and moving the ball out of packs, they worked perfectly: they always had that last, necessary player to pass to, without compromising their forward movement. Pressure on the ball was amazing. Every inch was ground out. They seemed desperate to win, whereas the Swan just didn't seem that desperate. Hawks went in super hard on the ball; & also on the opposing players. Poor ol' Buddy was a bit of a target, unfortunately, but i'm glad it wasn't just a punch-up. I just wanted to see a sort of hard "friendly rivalry" between the Hawks & Swans :p
Kinda pleased to see 2 of the main Swans players to stand up were Buddy & Kennedy - both ex-Hawks players.
And it seems like Clarkson again came through with the goods - all the right decisions, re: team selection to match Sydney, etc.
Stoked, i tell you!

whiteferret said:
Go the Mighty Hawks! any fuckn doubt?
Wayne, i didn't know you were a supporter also. Great minds think alike :) Hope you're having a great time celebrating out there!

Prince Imperial said:
Boring game of footy, Hawks were excellent, though. Also watched my second game of League for the year with the rapists taking out Penriff. That sport has zero room for creativity. No wonder League players piss into their own mouths for fun.
Yeah, not sure if it was much for neutral AFL fans to watch beyond half time. For pessimistic Hawks fans like myself, it was still a contest until 10mins into the final quarter ;)
Pretty good summary of League/Union - i love watching, but i still thinks it lack the dynamics of AFL :mellow:

Phoney said:
... **** the Hawks ...
Booooooo !

-----
Also, i discovered tonight that my Old Ale (a Theakston's Old Peculier clone i entered into the Melb July case swap) though somewhat over-carbed, is definitely better than Vale Dark Ale.
Double win!!

Back