Micromatic Regulator Barb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdfarrell

Reaction score
About to purchase a Micromatic Regulator as pictured.

micromatic_regulator.JPG

Question/s

Can the hose barb be removed and if so what type of thread is it ?

Has anybody done this? I would like to replace the barb with a shutoff valve and JG fitting.

Had a search through the forums but couldn't find anything.

i have been chasing the exact same answer... picking mine up on saturday and wouldn't mind picking up the correct JG's at the same time.

i can't imagine it not being the same body here is the gas shut off link http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/g...id-751-107.html

the only thing i'm wondering at the moment is does the fact that the JG fitting is plastic cause a problem with the female socket of the reg being metal?

The JG fitting will be BSP (assumption), and NPT has a different thread pitch in 1/4".

Go to your local Pirtek store (shameless plug) and quote part# Z35003-M0804. They may not have it in stock but would be happy to order it.

This is 1/4"NPT male thread to 8MM push-in. They are nickel plated brass and have a working pressure of 0 - 150psi.

Used on airbrake lines on small trucks, but can't see why they wouldn't work in this application. I will be giving one a go.

my suggestion would be to stick with the pirtek 1/4NPT x 8mm nickel push fit... i'd trust it much more over the plastic JG one....

I will be. Love working for a company that describes itself as "Fluid Transfer Solutions".

Will be using all JG fittings in my beer lines though.. prefer the food grade there.

Guys I would be happy to be corrected on this but I recall the thread may be left handed. Worth checking before you race out to Pirtek and hand over your hard earned :)
Cheers
Doug

Guys I would be happy to be corrected on this but I recall the thread may be left handed. Worth checking before you race out to Pirtek and hand over your hard earned :)
Cheers
Doug

Will wait for my reg to arrive.. however... this link (which is listed as a spare part for the reg) tells me its right handed.

I have to race to Pirtek every (working) day.. so thats not an issue.

Back