Mercs Bier Cafe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Paul Mercurio is opening a bier cafe with plenty of beers, including his own, and a great range of his culinary delights.
I'm surprised he hasn't posted about it on here yet (I did a search)
It's in Main Street Mornington. Doesn't seem to have a website yet but has a facebook page and a few articles about it here and there if you search.

Can't wait to try this out. Im sure Paul would do well wih this.

Just a wee further bit north, Merc, and you're onto a winner.... ;)

No Pat, it's as per the thread title. Mr Pauls is still there in Vale Arcade, Merc's is further down Main St, opposite council office.

Did anyone have the luck of tasting Mercs Own beer when it was on offer,?

Hey guys - Yes I have opened Merc's Bier Café in Mornington and Ive been working my arse off the last seven weeks to get it up and running - lost 8 kilos in the process!!

Finally checked in here on my day off. It is 25 Main Street Mornington. I have 5 beers and one cider on Tap - Coopers Sparkling, Lord Nelson Old Admiral, Moo Brew Heff, Arctic Fox Pale, Sapporo and Thatchers Cider and a collection of around 42 beers in the fridge. I bought a smoker from USA so am smoking wagyu brisket, chicken breast, pork neck and ocean trout. Menu is tapas style so you can have some wings and a schooner for $18 or some beer battered cauliflower and a pot for $12.50. Menu is up on Urban spoons as is the beer list. Some of the recipes are from my cook book - Cooking with Beer.

I brewed a beer at Artic Fox brewery last Monday and am hoping to have that on in a couple of weeks. I will be having a taste next week and see how it is going. Unfortunately we missed a couple of marks re mash temp and total volume etc so I think it is going to be a little different to what I was aiming for but we will see.

Ive been cooking for the last 7 weeks but need to get out of the kitchen now to focus on other things so if anyone know an Apprentice chef looking for work get them to email me at - [email protected]

If any of you guys come in make sure to say gidday!

Cheers

nice to know, we have a day trip coming up down that way and will be sure to pop in.

:icon_drool2:

I now have 2 reasons to visit the father in-law :)

Well they say easy come easy go.....however getting Merc's Bier Café up and running was an enormous effort of 5 months seven days a week hard slog - enjoyable but hard! It wasn't easy come but it seems it was easy go.

Unfortunately a difference of opinion between myself and my partner regarding my ongoing role in the business, amongst other things, made my position at Merc’s untenable and so I made the decision to leave and did so on the 22 December 2014. Haven't had anything to do in any way shape or form with the business since.

[SIZE=medium]I hear on the grape vine they are changing the name of the place and also changing the offerings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]oh well....chalk that one up to experience![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back