Melbourne Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
Fellow Brewers

Having conversed with a few Vic brewers in the past and having met a few through the ANHC I thought I would ask if there is anyone who wants to catch up for a beer at the Goat this Friday eve (the 8th) I am flying in at 9am ish, heading out to Holgate for a countery and dropping in at the Goat in the eve. Heading to the MCG Saturday night and heading home Sunday night. The hole trip is purely for beer and footy. No academic lectures, sight seeing, bible study groups (not this time :-0),swambo in toe, curfews, ........... and so on. Drop me a line.

BYB

So there's no-one who wants to have a beer at the goat this Friday night :-(

BYB

I think the issue with these hook ups is the pain in the arse to go into the city, then pay through the nose for the beers when you own stack up just as nice.. Friday,Saturday and Sunday night is family night round my parts, it's when my dogs count how many trips I make to the fridge.

Hopefully there are a couple of brewers in town for you, enjoy your stay mate.

I think the issue with these hook ups is the pain in the arse to go into the city, then pay through the nose for the beers when you own stack up just as nice.. Friday,Saturday and Sunday night is family night round my parts, it's when dogs count how many trips I make to the fridge.

Hopefully there are a couple of brewers in town for you, enjoy your stay mate.

I'm a bit the same here, love goin to the Wheatie in Adelaide when I can but its a pita when its a hours drive back :(

If I can get permission from the planning department I could be up for it - will let you know.

Understand, I have a "planning" dept as well. This plan was booked 6mths ago ;) Tiger almost buggered it up! I am looking forward to Pizza's and Beer

BYB

Sorry cob got to work friday night, otherwise would take you up on the offer.

Understand, I have a "planning" dept as well. This plan was booked 6mths ago ;) Tiger almost buggered it up! I am looking forward to Pizza's and Beer
BYB

Pizza AFAIK are out of action at the goat due to bar renovations. If i can squeeze some time i'd be happy for a frosty on friday night although i dont know my availiability after playing indoor. it would be looking like close to 10 PM after i finish and waltz down from abbotsford (30 min walk/15 min tram).

Pizza AFAIK are out of action at the goat due to bar renovations. If i can squeeze some time i'd be happy for a frosty on friday night although i dont know my availiability after playing indoor. it would be looking like close to 10 PM after i finish and waltz down from abbotsford (30 min walk/15 min tram).

What!! No pizza's! Their bar set up wasnt much anyway, the beer and atmosphere was all I was concerned with. Well if thats a fact looks like I 'll be leaving a tad earlier to catch my fave chinese.

BYB

Sat arvo/night the 9th is the case swap im sure you could come along and meet lots of vic brewers if you wanted too.

Kleiny

+1 to above, it's going to be a big day on Sat and alot of people will be out in the Eastern Burbs laying pased out on Siborgs lawn :party:

Vic case swap looks a good option if they are willing to have you, I'm pretty sure there would be a few QLD'ers who would be happy to vouch for you from the case swap you went to up there. BYB also did the rounds at ANHC's club night last year, I personally must say he's great value and would be a shame if he didn't get an offical invite.

I must say I have/had entertained the idea of gate crashing the swap. My only issue is making sure I get to the "G" on Saturday night with my eyes open :D

Back Yard Brewer

Edit: Just got off the phone from Goat and it seems the pizza's will be back on. The Randy will be running as well. Apparantly some oaky sort of thing. Should be interesting B)

Vic case swap looks a good option if they are willing to have you, I'm pretty sure there would be a few QLD'ers who would be happy to vouch for you from the case swap you went to up there. BYB also did the rounds at ANHC's club night last year, I personally must say he's great value and would be a shame if he didn't get an offical invite.

Of course he'd be welcome.

BYB - if I don't catch you Friday, it would be great to clink glasses with you Saturday. I'll be brewing there from about midday. Send Siborg a PM for the address if you reckon you can make it.

Of course he'd be welcome.

BYB - if I don't catch you Friday, it would be great to clink glasses with you Saturday. I'll be brewing there from about midday. Send Siborg a PM for the address if you reckon you can make it.
Definitely welcome, BYB. I'll PM you the details.

Guys, you've given me that warm fuzzy welcoming feeling :wub: Having finally got my head around using Melbourne trams and after studying the Train system just now, I don't think I'm ready to take that leap of faith on trains. Having been to a number of swaps in all sorts of different places I have no expectation of bludging a lift either. Getting theres ok but getting back! Case swaps are a fun brewing get together. If I did get there I know one thing would be for sure .................. and I would miss the footy :( Vics just dont realise how lucky you can be over there when it comes to sport. Have one or several beers for me. May see some of you over in Adelaide for the Nationals?

Cheers
Back Yard Brewer

Latest posts

Back