Bconnery In Melbourne 8-11 October

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Brewers,
I'll be heading to Melbourne for a short trip accompanying my wife who has to go for work.
Since for her this will consist of going to events at the Melbourne Festival I will sometimes be choosing to accompany her and other times looking for drinking buddies. Other times my wife will be one of those drinking buddies...
I'll be staying somewhere central and wont have a car so I won't be looking to venture too far afield...

I don't know for certain which days/nights I'll have events on, but I suspect there'll need to be some midweek lunch action if you're keen ;) :)
So, this is intended as a kind of date claimer for those who want to catch up, if I've met you before, or meet me if you so desire, and also a open ended request for any particular events etc.
I know I'm starting this a little early but I also know that sometimes people plan things ahead, sometimes on our behalf, ;), so I thought I'd get things moving...

Once I have some firmer schedule times I can make some firmer plans...

I should add that if I met you at either of the ANHCs then that only kind of counts as knowing you and it is quite possible I still don't know your actual name, or still haven't put a face or name to the AHB name, or both. It was a big few days :)

I plan to visit a few of my favourites and a new place perhaps as well.
I'll definitely be hitting the Local Taphouse again.
I haven't been to Mrs Parmas and I intend to rectify that this time.
Biero I really enjoyed but we'll see about the timeframes.
I also really enjoyed some time in Young and Jacksons, so might pop in there too...

drove past the spencer hotel and had a board out the front advertising 8 craft brewers on tap
http://www.hotelspencer.com.au/beerspirits.html
accomadation try needitnow or wotif
Just out of curosity what show's you seeing..i work at one of venues
wotif will be what we'll be using if my wife's work isn't paying for it all...

Not set in stone what I'm seeing yet. Possibly The Border Project and/or 'Ganesh vs Hitler' (or some similar title...)
The Manganiyar Project? or Orchestra? is another possibililty.
Maybe some others, it depends on what my wife's work needs her to see and whether I decide I want to see them :)

I also really enjoyed some time in Young and Jacksons, so might pop in there too...

dunno how long its been since you were there, but bring a fat wallet with you this time, IMO the place has gone to the dogs... no hosies now either :(

dunno how long its been since you were there, but bring a fat wallet with you this time, IMO the place has gone to the dogs... no hosies now either :(

Was at the Y&J 2 weeks ago, $4.50 a pot of S&W Draught Ale!

I was there briefly during the ANHC last year... Plenty to see though so perhaps just one there on the way :)

I'd be happy to enjoy a pint or two with you. I'm on holidays then. We've never met but PM'd about bitters.

So I know that I am likely to have something Sunday evening, apart from that...

Anyone been/keen to Oktoberfest at the taphouse? I'm thinking about heading there for Saturday arvo/evening after I've checked in but I'm guessing it could be pretty crazy.
Or some suggestions aside from that?...

So I know that I am likely to have something Sunday evening, apart from that...

Anyone been/keen to Oktoberfest at the taphouse? I'm thinking about heading there for Saturday arvo/evening after I've checked in but I'm guessing it could be pretty crazy.
Or some suggestions aside from that?...

Great Northern Hotel and Bar Fred are both within a stones throw of each other.

Good aussie tap selection at GN and decent pub food.
Great bottled beer selection at Bar fred and delicious $5 pizzas.

Unfortunately when I try and load up the bar fred website I get the address and that's it - you used to be able to download the extensive beer menu. Pizzas change regularly. http://www.barfred.com.au/

Great Northern: http://www.gnh.net.au/

Both short tram rides from the city, located north carlton, next to brunswick. 96 tram from Bourke street and less than 2 mins walk would get you to either (actually bar fred would be about a 30 second walk).

Presumably you know about beer deluxe in the city?

http://www.beerdeluxe.com.au/index.php

Heading to Beerdeluxe for Saturday evening for a while at least, around 5:30 or so, although I might get there earlier.

No firm plans for the other days yet, although I'll have family catchups on the Monday.

Getting excited now... Someone from work asked me if this was my 'annual homebrew thing to Melbourne' and I said no, that's only every two years, I just happen to be going there in the off season (as it where) as well :)

cheers and beers
Ben

Glad I've got something on this weekend cause the QLD boys are planning a lot of fun without me!

Yep, you're missing out up here this weekend mate!

Mind you, I'm sure you'll have enough fun in Melbourne regardless!

Have fun!

Cheers

Glad I've got something on this weekend cause the QLD boys are planning a lot of fun without me!

Ben,

I'll post a review of Route 56 after Sat night, wish you were going to be up here. It will be a great night. Have fun in Melbourne and try Mrs Palmers for dinner, epic parmigiana :icon_drool2:

Cheers,

Liam

Latest posts

Back