Melbourne Easter Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65bellett

Reaction score
I just thought I would put the feelers out. At this stage July feels along way a way and I am still on a brewing high from the X-mas case swap. I am thinking about an Easter Case Swap. March 22 over the long weekend seems a good date and I can offer venues at either the CBD 3000 and Dialmond Creek 3089 (Drop off points for non attendees to organised at a later date). After a few messages sent the feeling has generally been positive. I would like this to be a brewing oriented social event as much as a case swap, therefore I would love for any brewers no matter how experienced to attend in any capacity.

Rules and Reg for Swappers

1. You will supply bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point .
2. The bottle shall be either 740ml or greater. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates or a sturdy box.
4. The date for the swap is tentivatly March 22nd so get brewing!
5. Each bottle shall be clearly labeled with your AHB handle and brewery name.

This will be a great opportunity for inexperienced brewers to gleam some knowledge from the more experienced.

Look forward to all your feedback. 65B

I just thought I would put the feelers out. At this stage July feels along way a way and I am still on a brewing high from the X-mas case swap. I am thinking about an Easter Case Swap. March 22 over the long weekend seems a good date and I can offer venues at either the CBD 3000 and Dialmond Creek 3089 (Drop off points for non attendees to organised at a later date). After a few messages sent the feeling has generally been positive. I would like this to be a brewing oriented social event as much as a case swap, therefore I would love for any brewers no matter how experienced to attend in any capacity.

Rules and Reg for Swappers

1. You will supply bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point .
2. The bottle shall be either 740ml or greater. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates or a sturdy box.
4. The date for the swap is tentivatly March 22nd so get brewing!
5. Each bottle shall be clearly labeled with your AHB handle and brewery name.

This will be a great opportunity for inexperienced brewers to gleam some knowledge from the more experienced.

Look forward to all your feedback. 65B

You can book me in, but you would need to finalise this ASAP so we can start putting a brew together.

Rook

Yea i dunno, dosnt leave heaps of time to brew.

I'll be swayed by majority and im sure someone might twist that rubber arm of mine if it means another day on the sauce with the boys.

ive already thorwn my weight behind this and am keen. I may or may not be able to attend. My 2nd child is due around that time. Im keen though.

Suggestions to assist on the day:
- Could I maybe suggest PET only. it would make the swap a lot more simple. I dont care one way or another just trying to help the organiser out.
- we need to sort the labeling system out. decide whether its number (,1,2,3, etc) or whether its personal labels. I know we all had a few problems at xmas swap
(but that couldnt have possibly had anything to do with the amount of beer being consumed or Fents' splifs :p :D :lol: )

yea 65B id be keen as & diamo creek would be sweet ill just have to keep away from fentsys splifs as i cant remember leaving the crisi swap only waking up on my front lawn

(but that couldnt have possibly had anything to do with the amount of beer being consumed or Fents' splifs :p :D :lol: )

crazy times. i reckon quintrex-a-sauras has alot to answer for to...

HAIROFTHEDOG - and who the hell brought out that grappa!

crazy times. i reckon quintrex-a-sauras has alot to answer for to...

HAIROFTHEDOG - and who the hell brought out that grappa!

LOL!!!

PS I'm all for PET only as it simplifies things!

Last time I ended up with a bottle of scotch in amongst my beers ... Hairofthedog again I believe?? Anyway, it needs to be returned to its owner or otherwise disposed of. Its nice enough, Its just that I'm not a whiskey drinker.

I probably wont contribute to this swap unless the numbers are fairly low, stocks are low and my brewing schedule is full, but I might come along to say hi and it so happens that I have a fine bottle of handmade scotch to contribute to the occasion :)

Thirsty

thinking I might only have time for a quick brew also, so maybe an ale. Was thinking about contributing my brown bavarian mongrel lager but that has 4 weeks fermentation/conditioning. it could be tight but maybe I could fit it in... just.

No werid and wonderful Thirsty Boy specials on the day?! ashame.

If we go the easter swap would we have a mid year (july) swap also? just wondering cause I would need to start bnrewing for that one now also. Im thinking of doing a spiced winter beer for that.

funny u mention brain death 2.1 as i was just about to swing by the local HBS & take down a sample but im sure i could hold on to 3 or 4 botlles for the swap & good work thirsty i thought id lost it im sure its aged well by now

whats the recipe for this brain death 2.1 you talk of? it sounds exactly like what I need after a week's work.

I'll be sitting this swap out fellow brewers... I will be in for christmas in July and will try and attend swap day for once!

Definitely Keen! At this late stage of things I would be putting down an ESB or similar....

Dammit, I leave sunday and back on 13th March so time for brewing :(

But I should be available to attend on the day for the festivities and meet you lot before I move to sydney in May. :beerbang:

Count me out of this swap. Too much to do and so little time!

Might come along to the swap itself if that is okay so I can say hello and that sort of stuff...

whats the recipe for this brain death 2.1 you talk of? it sounds exactly like what I need after a week's work.

yes its excatly what you are thinking...i think...

kills two birds with one drink if you know what i mean.

we dont really have a recipe for it, we just winged it, high OG and highly dry hemped hopped.

I don't really think there's enough time for getting one done for Easter. I'm definitely in for a July one, but I might sit an Easter case swap out.

Easter is in March this year.

I'd do my utmost to come along to the swap day, but I wouldn't have beer to contribute.

I haven't even got time to put up all my tasting notes for the last case swap, let alone put down another brew by Easter.

Mind you have already planned out the July case swap brew.

Hopefully after beginning of March I'll have more time to obsess over all things brewing again.

Well hope you get the numbers, looking forward to the July case swap.

Back