Melbourne Cylinder Hire Finally Go Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsomeguy

Reaction score
Well it finally happenned.

Just got this fron G&G.

CO2 Bottle Rental Price Increase
Our special deal with Air Liquide has come to an end. Rental for gas bottles has increased to $129.50 per year. Customers with rental agreements will find that their next account which comes in the next year will reflect this as will new rentals from 13th March, 2007.

Damn damn damn !

Options ?

I'm leaning towards the 'kegonlegs' option myself.

gary.

Well it finally happenned.

Just got this fron G&G.

CO2 Bottle Rental Price Increase
Our special deal with Air Liquide has come to an end. Rental for gas bottles has increased to $129.50 per year. Customers with rental agreements will find that their next account which comes in the next year will reflect this as will new rentals from 13th March, 2007.
Damn damn damn !

Options ?

I'm leaning towards the 'kegonlegs' option myself.

gary.

Yeah, not good news. I only got my bottle and contract last month, so I still have a long time to sort out an alternative. more than a 150% increase in the yearly rental makes me think that there are probably more attractive alternatives now.

I shifted over to a supergas deal about 6 months back. At least I don't have to pick up or drop of anymore and they do the large 22kg C02 and LPG bottles.

I looked at all the different ways of getting Co2, in the end I bought a new 5.4kg (i think thats it capacity) from MHB, its Mykegonlegs, easy simple no rent, I own so I can sell if I ever want and cheap refils (about $8 per kg),

I figured the money I have saved on beer (no comercial brew since before Christmas) could go toward my Co2, now Im up and running.

Latest posts

Back