Matilda Bay - Pull Your Finger Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 cartons of Fat Yak + pay the difference?

The saga continues...

Looks like they cannot do a credit for the Alpha Pale Ale for any store within 400km's of me... (although we can buy it local)

I've been offered 2 options
A Fat Yak as an alternative. That's fair, a $50 carton to replace a $90 odd carton.
OR I have to arrange someone down in Brisbane to pick it up and store it for me as I cannot guarantee personally I will be down there within the 3 month voucher expiry; and fingers crossed that being stored in Queensland weather for months wont spoil the product. Also being a product with a high hop ratio, it will most likely not be as good once it is a few months old even if stored at cool temps.

If they cannot source the replacement product locally, would it not be up to them to arrange delivery of it?

QldKev

I'm back up next week Kev, could pick up on saturday and drive up with it on sunday? Don't blame me if "they didn't give me a full carton" though.

Let me know.

Cheers

They should just offer you a refund. Dicking you around saves them bugger all money and maybe loses them a customer.

This is pretty poor form on their behalf

I can store it for you if it comes to that

In a room that's relatively cool (under 30 degrees anyway and probably averages 25)

Thanks for the offer, will see what pans out. I'm just worried with a hoppy ale being stored for a few months may be a bit boring by the time I get to drink it. Also having to drive possibly up to an hour out of my way through Brisbane is not my best idea of fun whilst on holidays.

2 cartons of Fat Yak + pay the difference?

They didn't offer. Going by the Dans prices, I would pay the $10 extra to get the 2 x fat yak just to get this resolved.

I'm back up next week Kev, could pick up on saturday and drive up with it on sunday? Don't blame me if "they didn't give me a full carton" though.

Let me know.

Cheers

Don't think we could get another voucher together by this weekend, thanks for the offer. Are we up for another feed somewhere?

They should just offer you a refund. Dicking you around saves them bugger all money and maybe loses them a customer.

How much extra cost would it have been for them to courier it up, and keep customer satisfaction number one, and their names out of the press.

This is pretty poor form on their behalf

As with manticle's response. A delivery, since they could not replace it locally (even thou it is sold locally) should have been on the cards. Since I was happy to drive almost a 50km round trip to get the replacement.

QldKev

How much extra cost would it have been for them to courier it up, and keep customer satisfaction number one, and their names out of the press.

QldKev

That would have been fine too. It's the dicking around that costs them their reputation and a possibly regular customer. In the long run they'll probably/possibly still make a profit for their shareholders but customer service should be better.

I bought a carton of FatYak about a month ago and majority of bottles were gushers no matter how long I left them in the fridge, I assumed it was my fault for crash chilling a couple in the freezer or perhaps the carton was dropped by Dan's. Just cracked my first bottle from a new carton and a different retailer and the same issue as the OP, gusher!

Buyers beware!

The saga continues...

Looks like they cannot do a credit for the Alpha Pale Ale for any store within 400km's of me... (although we can buy it local)

I've been offered 2 options
A Fat Yak as an alternative. That's fair, a $50 carton to replace a $90 odd carton.
OR I have to arrange someone down in Brisbane to pick it up and store it for me as I cannot guarantee personally I will be down there within the 3 month voucher expiry; and fingers crossed that being stored in Queensland weather for months wont spoil the product. Also being a product with a high hop ratio, it will most likely not be as good once it is a few months old even if stored at cool temps.

If they cannot source the replacement product locally, would it not be up to them to arrange delivery of it?

QldKev

bit tough mate, but I think there down the road from me, so I can garb it for you, when you in Melbourne I can tell you where to go :)

I bought a carton of FatYak about a month ago and majority of bottles were gushers no matter how long I left them in the fridge, I assumed it was my fault for crash chilling a couple in the freezer or perhaps the carton was dropped by Dan's. Just cracked my first bottle from a new carton and a different retailer and the same issue as the OP, gusher!

Buyers beware!

What is the date on the bottles, I'm starting to wonder which wild yeast we are dealing with.

Maybe we should pay for a lab test and see what it is?

QldKev

22JUN12 is the date on the label, couldn't tell you the date on the last carton though. Will be interesting to see how they react to my complaint, sounds like a pretty serious issue.

Latest posts

Back