Mashed My Phone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodolphe01

Reaction score
I mashed my phone this morning, shiiiiit !! Well dropped it into the mash (BIAB) so it didn't just sit on top... Straight to the bottom like a stone.

Phone is most likely stuffed, washed and de-watered it with alcohol as quick as possible though, we'll see. Unfortunately with these things, it is the info on the device, rather than the device itself that is the real pain in the arse.

Rest of the brew went swimmingly :icon_cheers:

I was going to call this beer PORdinary Bitter (POR in an Ordinary Bitter, boom tish), might have to try and come up with something witty that is phone related now.

Just needed to vent or I will explode, naturally my wife dosn't care!

If it turns out awesome, it would be a dead set ringer... sorry it was just calling out for that one.

Shit that's no good!

Effin' funny, but no good

Sorry to hear that Rudi. Just make sure you dry it properly (which you already have) and then let it air dry for at least a whole week. Do not turn it on beforehand, with a bit of luck it might be alright, just be sure to leave it off.

Good luck!

well thats one way of getting the new beer app

What temperature did you mash your phone at?
I don't like to mash them too low because they are too thin. I like my phone with a bit more body so I mash them higher. But that's just me, a bit old school with my mobile phones.

I find if I set it to vibrate before putting it into the mash, I can periodically call it from the house phone to ensure my mash is agitated.

I prefer the subtle flavour contributed by a dark Nokia, it's smoother than say a dark LG. :p :p :p

You just wanted the beer to give you a buzz, didn't you/

Stick it in a jar of dry rice or some other absorbent stuff, a jar full of silica gel would be handy but not everyone has one lying around.

sorry, nothing witty to add :rolleyes:

Stick it in a jar of dry rice or some other absorbent stuff, a jar full of silica gel would be handy but not everyone has one lying around.

sorry, nothing witty to add :rolleyes:

Note that was dry rice, not dry ice! Dry ice would be bad, mmmkay.

I don't think it would matter if its brown rice or white rice. Basmati could give your phone a nice smell though, a bit of saffron wouldn't hurt too if that's the angle you're going for.

haha all very good quips. I have it sitting in my yoghurt maker, it runs at about 50 degrees so figure it will help dry it out pretty fast. I doubt a constant 50 degrees will shag it more than my ~67 degree sweet mash...

on a side note, what do you guys know about mercury batteries? :ph34r:

I have it sitting in my yoghurt maker,
on a side note, what do you guys know about mercury batteries? :ph34r:

If you are doing a strawberry batch then mercury won't taste so good with it, I'd try the 'mixed berry' flavour (or was that 'mixed beery'?)

Yet another disadvantage of BIAB :p

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I know we talked about getting your numbers right during the mash Rudi, but thats taking it a bit far. Actually its of the hook. :D

Bugger Rudi... As you said it's not the phone itself but the contacts and information lost. <_<

I know we talked about getting your numbers right during the mash Rudi, but thats taking it a bit far. Actually its of the hook. :D

:lol: GOLD!

Chap Chap

Back