Mash Rig Control Center

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warren -

iconpoundit8wz.gif

Thanks mate. I'll see if I can track that down. Not the easiest switches to find these buggers. I'd rather use one of these than a on/off/on toggle switch.

Appreciate the response.

Cheers, Justin

yep colterlec are the mob we get ours from

I couldnt remember the name

cheers warren

Thanks fellas, found a few different options now (Clipsal, Elektra etc). Just going to call up for prices. I'm a bit scared, bet they aren't cheap being industrial switches. Will have to see. Thanks for the help.

Edit: :blink: $65.20+GST for a 3 position Auto/Off/Manual rotary cam switch. Yikes! Back to the original idea. Might have to be a toggle for $4.

warrenlw63 said:
Warren -
[post="88268"][/post]​
Jeez Warren you need to be careful doing that - beer will go everywhere ;)

:lol: :lol:

Might be more a question of what lands in your beer Rob. Mmmmm... Witbier. :blink:

Warren -

but will the $ 4 toggle handle 10 amps.

thats what you pay for justin

cheers

My favourite subject, expensive gear built for nothing.
Heres what happened to a heap of stuff that fell of the back of a truck which i use.
Can't imagine anyone building stuff like this unless they happen upon the parts somehow.

Nice work tony.

Rock and roll
Jayse

CONTROL.JPG

For those that want switches...

Ring Australian Solenoids in brisbane (they do switches not solenoids..)

Anyway, they will build a Kraus and Naimer switch up to do whatever you want, virtually any configuration is possible.

Justin

As an alternative, just use standard light switch mechs, they are cheap ( $4 ea) and will do the job. just a bit more wiring involved....Just buy the mounting plate you need for the number of swithches...

Another avenue worth looking at is places like Supercheap Auto. They sometimes have battery isolators which are nice large clunky switches, designed to handle big currents.

Obviously they aren't built for mains voltages so just make sure when you've finished the job everything is well insulated and secure.

Latest posts

Back