Mash Master Mini Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Le ozito comes with a keyed chuck. Fukin awesome.

Get with the program bitch.

PS: I do not own shares in wesfarmers.

Well I bought an ozito drill and all it does is JAM as soon as I put the smallest amount of grain in. So have been using the trusty old handle and doing hard labour. If anyone can suggest what I'm doing wrong would be great doesn't matter how fast or slow I have the drill set it just jams and I figure surely if I can do it by hand my mill setting isn't to tight it's about 1.4 mm

dreads_2006 said:
Well I bought an ozito drill and all it does is JAM as soon as I put the smallest amount of grain in. So have been using the trusty old handle and doing hard labour. If anyone can suggest what I'm doing wrong would be great doesn't matter how fast or slow I have the drill set it just jams and I figure surely if I can do it by hand my mill setting isn't to tight it's about 1.4 mm
dreads, you need to make sure you have the 1050w version. There is no way this version will jam.

This is the one I have:
http://www.ozito.com.au/ozshd1500wa

SPADE-HAMMER-DRILL-OZSHD1050WA.jpeg

Cheers,
Idzy

I've been asked to include a few photos of how I connect up Senior Ozito to my mill. Hope this helps a few who are having trouble picturing it...

tn_gallery_31300_1173_483516.jpg
tn_gallery_31300_1173_484746.jpg
tn_gallery_31300_1173_1129858.jpg

I sticky taped some doubled over foil to help stop grains from spilling from the hopper around the grinding wheels during a grind. It seemed a lot were slipping through.

Thanks for all the info everyone, and for those pics gaijin.

Finally went to use it the other night. The ebay 12mm-8mm lovejoy coupler had arrived from China (my wife thinks that is hilarious too, especially since it arrived in a nondescript brown bag) but doesn't quite fit so we just directly attached the drill to the mill shaft. I think I'll need a 1/2 inch coupler because the shaft is 1/2 inch or 12.7mm so it just doesn't fit.

Anyway we milled about 12kg of grain no worries but there is a small amount of scratching on the shaft so I'll try and find a 1/2inch coupler to protect it long term.

Overall very impressed with the Millmaster compared to the old Marga. If anyone is new to it and is attaching the plastic hopper, you have to remove the metal guard which the hopper replaces. That had us fooled for a few minutes.

We disintegrated the grain to be honest, so probably need to adjust out a little, but just made sure to stir well and remove any clumps etc during the BIAB process. We seem to have got very high efficiency, I don't have the % calculations but for a recipe that usually gets 29L in the cube at 1046 we got 1054 out of one urn and 1058 out of the other...

Latest posts

Back