Marry me, Weyermann Vienna

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adr_0

Gear Bod
Reaction score
God I love this stuff. I use it in almost everything pale. Just put a 65% Wey Vienna, 35% Wey pils beer down today and again I'm reminded how much I love her.

Carry on.

What hops/IBU you throwing at her...

Ads check out the Weyermann website. The Red brick wheat is fantastical and its mostly Vienna. I love it ay :) I swapped a keg of beer for 18kg of Vienna. Best swap ever.

Adr_0 said:
God I love this stuff. I use it in almost everything pale. Just put a 65% Wey Vienna, 35% Wey pils beer down today and again I'm reminded how much I love her.

Carry on.
Yeah I agree, great malt. I use it as base malt for a lot of beers.

Got a Wey Vienna /Galaxy SMASH on tap at the moment...great drop!

Vienna SMASH.jpg

Vienna lager would be my favourite beer if I had only one. Vienna malt is the main base malt used in it (no great surprise).

jeddog said:
What hops/IBU you throwing at her...
35 units of Motueka flowers, over a few additions. Only one way to find out if it will turn out ok... cold-pitched at 8°C and showed activity after about 15hrs so now fermenting at 10°C. May do some dry hopping - again with Motueka - just for gags.

Gav80 said:
Ads check out the Weyermann website. The Red brick wheat is fantastical and its mostly Vienna. I love it ay :) I swapped a keg of beer for 18kg of Vienna. Best swap ever.
Ooohh, that sounds delicious. I did have a quick browse - under homebrew recipes? Disappointing to see only 2-3 tradische Deutche recipes but I was also expecting a few more to showcase the malts, so if there's another spot to find them let me know!

do a triple decocted vienna marzen...so gold, so malty

100% vienna, hopped @ 60 with hersbrucker to 23 IBU

you won't be disappointed

S04 down low & roused often

Latest posts

Back