Mango And Chilli Sausages

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraig20

Reaction score
Ive had a request from Mrs James for a batch of mango and chilli sausages. Has anyone got a tried and true recipe that they could share?

So far Im thinking something along the lines of Len Poli's hot sausage with half a dozen mango cheeks, and possibly replacing the water with mango nectar.

Had a crack at these yesterday. They came up pretty good. Recipe was:

2.8kg pork
7.5 tbs Nandos hot peri peri sauce
5 tsp salt
2.5tbs onion powder
2.5 tbs paprika
5 tsp sugar
2.5 tbs garlic
1 tin of mango pieces
c. 125 ml water from mango tin (you could replace this with mango nectar - couldnt find any).

Had a crack at these yesterday. They came up pretty good. Recipe was:

2.8kg pork
7.5 tbs Nandos hot peri peri sauce
5 tsp salt
2.5tbs onion powder
2.5 tbs paprika
5 tsp sugar
2.5 tbs garlic
1 tin of mango pieces
c. 125 ml water from mango tin (you could replace this with mango nectar - couldnt find any).

Peri peri sauce yummo, how was the mango flavor using tinned mangoes? And I wander how it would be using fresh ones. Sounds like a nice recipe to try, thanks James.

Andrew

Peri peri sauce yummo, how was the mango flavor using tinned mangoes? And I wander how it would be using fresh ones. Sounds like a nice recipe to try, thanks James.

Andrew

The mango flavour is actually pretty good, I imagine that fresh ones would be even better, but its not really mango season at the moment. The sausages actually remind me a little of mango chutney, which isnt really that suprising.

One tip though: trying to feed mango chunks into the mincer along with the pork is NOT a good idea - you just end up with a mess.

Thanks for the tip, so maybe a mix through by hand after mincing would be best, I might wait to do this when the mangoes are in season, these would make great sausages for Xmas breaky I think.

Andrew

I love mango... Im allergic though.

I find the flavour from the tin mangoes quite good, its the texture that is not quite right. So Im thinking in a sausage it wouldnt matter.

But YUM!

I love mango... Im allergic though.

I find the flavour from the tin mangoes quite good, its the texture that is not quite right. So Im thinking in a sausage it wouldnt matter.

But YUM!

You're more than likely correct but the mangoes around here grow on trees :lol: , and pretty much every backyard has a mango tree. In mango season as you walk down the street you trip over boxes full of them as people try to give them away. Sucks to live in Qld :p

Andrew

You're more than likely correct but the mangoes around here grow on trees :lol: , and pretty much every backyard has a mango tree. In mango season as you walk down the street you trip over boxes full of them as people try to give them away. Sucks to live in Qld :p

Andrew

I can remember much the same thing as a kid growing up on the NSW north coast. There used to be mango trees growing in the carparks. Every back fence had a mango tree leaning precariously over it laden with fruit.

Something that I miss!

Mangoes coming early this season looks like some showing up in shops now

Back