Making Sourdough Bread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Gay Knickers here. I'm a good navigater and buggered if I"D row the boat. I'll be drinking my ENGLISH f'ck'n IPA twirling me missus' undies..
That means you would have no panties on!!!! Then you may well be Buggered :lol: By PP of course not by me. :eek: I have some USA warrior hops here if you would like to do a non English IPA. I will post you some ? Im going to have a crack with these but wont have it ready for the Gay Clam bake so its up to you captain.
First mate,
GB

Hi All
Just getting into making sourdough bread and found this thread really helpfull. Have obtained a starter and am refreshing it. As it is a little chilly at the moment I'm using the oven with the light on for warmth. Should I put the lid on my starter jar whilst it's in the oven or leave it uncovered?

ta

Hi All
Just getting into making sourdough bread and found this thread really helpfull. Have obtained a starter and am refreshing it. As it is a little chilly at the moment I'm using the oven with the light on for warmth. Should I put the lid on my starter jar whilst it's in the oven or leave it uncovered?

ta

Best to cover it so the starter does not dry out.

Good luck and photos please

Best to cover it so the starter does not dry out.

Good luck and photos please

no worries Kattie that was my wife Joanna asking & she will send photos
the yeast is looking good at the moment tooo tied tonight bread tomorrow
cheers

Here ya go yeasties at work but in the oven light temp

IMG_2076_1_1.JPG

IMG_2077_2_1.JPG

LOL I did mean of the bread... But hey nice floor!

just noticed you are in melville....

you should drop in PP on Sunday for the big brew day.

here is the bread came out like a brick but better than the first one

IMG_2078_1_1.JPG

IMG_2079_2_1.JPG

yes the big brew day Katie whats the go there, would it be cool to rock up?
should I bring the brew rig?
12 oclock start is late I might brew early then come along?

It would be rude of you not to come mate :)

We'll start at 10am but it'll go all day. If your rig is transportable, feel free to bring it around.

Here is a link to the brew day thread

Hope we get to see you.

:icon_cheers:
Pat

Latest posts

Back