Magnetic Stirrer Plea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dre

Reaction score
G'day,

Just wondering if anyone know where in Melbourne or online, I can buy those white magnetic stirrer pleas for use with a stirplate from?

Cheers

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone know where in Melbourne or online, I can buy those white magnetic stirrer pleas for use with a stirplate from?

Cheers

:rolleyes:
Try that grain and grape link up there

G&G is a good option, because unless you're ordering more 'scientific' stuff from other places the postage will cost more than the stirbar.
Scientific Supplies near Ringwood is a good option if you live up that way, and Livingstone will sell you stuff online (but I've had issues with dealing with them)

Livingstone will sell you stuff online (but I've had issues with dealing with them)

Just to balance things up, i've ordered a few times from Livingstone, and haven't had any issues (yet).

you could always try a scientific equipment supplier. I buy them from work from Lomb Scientific, or Crown scientific. I think Lomb are cheaper. Have a look on line, although you may have to ring up for a price. Last ones I bought were only a coulpe of bucks each.

why not make one from an old computer cooling fan, just slap on a bar magnet and you're on you're way. gotta be cheaper than buying one. http://www.instructables.com/id/Magnetic-Stirrer/ here's a link to one, just fyi the instructables site is really usefull, it's got tonnes of d.i.y projects on it, enjoy.

Aaron

What do the ones from G&G look like??

I've got a few stir bars and conicals from Australian Scientific in Kotara (Newcastle NSW).
Prices were comparable to elsewhere, nice friendly service and I could pick up in person so saved shipping costs. :)

Just to balance things up, i've ordered a few times from Livingstone, and haven't had any issues (yet).
I got my 500ml and 3000ml flasks during the week. Also no problems from Livingstone. Did all my ordering on the phone with a very helpful salesperson.

Also picked up some stirrer bars and they threw in some free latex gloves. As a Customs Officer, I have no shortage of gloves already ;)

"Plea" or "Flea". I always thought it was a flea... :unsure:

Back