Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody nice drop. I had the joy of sampling quite a few schooners at The Fox Hotels craft beer festival on Australia day.
Well done Mad Brewers on creating an awesome drop.
I just hope we will be able to find it on the shelves for sale.

I stumbled across some (three boxes)this arvo at 1st choise northlakes on the way home from work. Was actually just picking up 2 6packs of pear strongbow for the missus (4square deal of the month) so it was a fuken fantastic moment of chance ! They wern't even on the shevles yet, just sitting all innocent on a pallet with other new stock. So I had to get 2 at the very least . I guess most other brissy stores/uncle dans will have them now ? they were $8.50.

I also tried some on australia day at the festival and quite enjoyed it from what i remember :lol: seemed like any other us style ipa , dont remember much if anything from the wheat but i spose how could i with the strong hop pressence? Looking forward to trying some from the bottle .

Its apparently on tap at the Platform Bar, The Fox and the Boundary Hotel. Hopefully I'll get to one of those joints while its still on :icon_cheers: .

Have they released a list of bottle shops stocking this batch like they usually do?

I stumbled across some (three boxes)this arvo at 1st choise northlakes on the way home from work. Was actually just picking up 2 6packs of pear strongbow for the missus (4square deal of the month) so it was a fuken fantastic moment of chance ! They wern't even on the shevles yet, just sitting all innocent on a pallet with other new stock. So I had to get 2 at the very least . I guess most other brissy stores/uncle dans will have them now ? they were $8.50.

When i first read this I thought you grabbed 2 cartons. You meant bottles right? :)

Have they released a list of bottle shops stocking this batch like they usually do?

No list of bottle shops as yet, only a list of bars serving this on tap.

I am trying to track a list down, and will post if I find one.

Vintage Cellars Coorparoo still has the Mad Brewers Stout, but no Hoppy Hefe (and no idea about it) :(

Cheers,
tallie

Picked up a few bottles today from the local 1st Choice. Look forward to sampling some tomorrow night.

Emailed MS for a list of bottle shops - nothing yet.

Found at 1st Choice at Burleigh waters - Christine Corner.

Kev

My son dropped in to Thirsty Camel Gympie yesterday, "no not in yet". I dropped in today again "not in". Scott (AHB roboscot) shrugged and pointed in the direction of his boss who gave me some bullshit story :angry:

Screwy

Got a growler full in the fridge (and a moobrew saison, cheers Ryan and Luke @ crown cellars for holding on to that for me....), had a sample at the bottlo and it tasted very good. Way better than any of their recent offerings. Anyone who digs Scheider's Hopfenweiss should like this.

Got a growler full in the fridge (and a moobrew saison, cheers Ryan and Luke @ crown cellars for holding on to that for me....), had a sample at the bottlo and it tasted very good. Way better than any of their recent offerings. Anyone who digs Scheider's Hopfenweiss should like this.

Sh*t, high praise indeed :icon_cheers:

Sh*t, high praise indeed :icon_cheers:
Yankee/Kiwi hopped apparently, not noble hopped like Scheiders (if my memory serves me correct). Very similar animals. I'd still rather 3 pints of the germanian model while slapping together some ikea furniture then wondering why you're so cut when you go out afterwoods (true story) than the local one.

Yankee/Kiwi hopped apparently, not noble hopped like Scheiders (if my memory serves me correct). Very similar animals. I'd still rather 3 pints of the germanian model while slapping together some ikea furniture then wondering why you're so cut when you go out afterwoods (true story) than the local one.
Now I've had a couple 'o glasses I'd say they are perhaps a more disparate beast than I first thought. There's a bit more caramel about the Mad Brewer's drop compared than the Schneider and the hop flavour/aroma doesn't mingle with the wheaty esters as well, walks over them a bit. Still a really good drop though. Looking forward to the rest of the growler on tomorrows saison brewday.

Now I've had a couple 'o glasses I'd say they are perhaps a more disparate beast than I first thought. There's a bit more caramel about the Mad Brewer's drop compared than the Schneider and the hop flavour/aroma doesn't mingle with the wheaty esters as well, walks over them a bit. Still a really good drop though. Looking forward to the rest of the growler on tomorrows saison brewday.

No place for noticable caramel in a wheat beer in my opinion. Just had the rye ipa from Murray's last night and it was over killing the caramel malts for my taste !

Latest posts

Back