Mac's Sassy Red Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinfathisar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Mac's Sassy Red Beer? If so - is it worth $2 a bottle? Same question for Mac's Hop Rocker Beer ($2)and Endeavour True Vintage 2010 Reserve Pale Ale ($2.70 a bottle).

If you mean $12 per six pack then that's a good price. I had a few pints in Welly last year - it's not one of their most hoppy offerings but a competent Irish Red style but less bland.

Sassy_red.JPG

Edit: Hop Rocker would be my choice from Macs: think APA without that bloody Amarillo ;)

Has anyone tried Mac's Sassy Red Beer? If so - is it worth $2 a bottle? Same question for Mac's Hop Rocker Beer ($2)and Endeavour True Vintage 2010 Reserve Pale Ale ($2.70 a bottle).

For those prices worth a try IMO, where abouts were they that cheap?

http://www.graysonline.com/beer

Mac's Sassy Red Beer (24 x 330mL), New Zealand.AU$48 = $2 per Bottle

they also have Mac's Hop Rocker Beer (24 x 330mL), New Zealand
$2.00 per Bottle
in any package of 24 Bottles
$48
if you likie hoppys Bribie

I buy it a bit (macs sassy red) from my local when i need a few travellers. And i pay more than $12 for a sixer...
Have you found it on special somewhere?

Don't be too dissheartened if the Endeavour isn't up to sratch, they have some serious consistency issues with those beers, both the Pale & the Amber. But if you get a good one, it's really good, IMO. But $2.70 is about what I pay when I get it

I buy it a bit (macs sassy red) from my local when i need a few travellers. And i pay more than $12 for a sixer...
Have you found it on special somewhere?

http://www.graysonline.com/beer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mac's Sassy Red Beer (24 x 330mL), New Zealand.AU$48 = $2 per Bottle

they also have Mac's Hop Rocker Beer (24 x 330mL), New Zealand
$2.00 per Bottle
in any package of 24 Bottles
$48
if you likie hoppys Bribie

That's cheaper than my local, until the $22 shipping is added in. :(

I just bought a case of Hop Rocker from Grays. Still good but not as good as the bottles I had while in NZ. Still well within the used before dates though

Macs make some nice beers....Hop Rocker is my favourite and is a really nice drop IMO. I have a recipe that I am going to give a nudge that should be close, if not a tasty drop.

I pay about $13NZ on special for a 6pk, so thats not too bad i reckon mate.

Cheers

I always recommend Macs Sassy Red to friends travelling to New Zealand. I think it is a very nice beer along with the other beers in their range. At $2 per bottle it is the same price as some run of the mill Aussie beers and it is a much better drop.

Enjoy.

Captainbrewer

Back